AEW All Out

Supremo

• Paid Members

Positive for me, again. Well worth the money I spent.

I just enjoy the feell of the product. It looks fantastic. The crowd are massively into things and that helps so much. The commentary was so much better. there were errors, like Excalibur right off the bat, but they sound like three guys covering a sporting event and had good chemistry. They don't ignore things that are obvious to the viewer. I liked JR pointing out that there'd been a fucking TOPE SUICIDA in every match. Hopefully someone is listening.

Haven't read @Supremo whole post yet because I like to give my thoughts before I read owt but I did just see the opening line and I think it's going to echo my biggest gripe with the show. I struggled with the pacing. My heart sunk when I saw the length was 5 hours on FITE. I was always going to give the pre-show a swerve but there still isn't a show in history that I want to see 4 hours of. Let alone this. I don't know how long the individual matches were because I don't watch with a stop watch but my gut was that every match apart from the opener and Kenny & Pac was too long and a couple of matches were uneccessary. They need to break things up with some short matches or segments to refresh the crowd if nothing else. I think they get it because they put Omega & Pac out early which from the POV of the result also made sense but they could do more to condense everything which I think would also create a tempo they want.

I loved the opener. SCU are great at this spot. Luchasaurus and "Jungle Jack" are great and they kept that little dudes involvement to a minimum. The commentary put over all six guys brilliantly. Did feel like JR doesn't think Jack Perry needs a nom de guerre. Either that or it's just the alzheimer's. A perfect little opener though.

Pac and Kenny was very good. The finish was outstanding. Loved that after just a couple of shows, they can produce a result and a reaction like this. People were genuinely stunned - and in a good way. The records being shown throughout was a nice touch. I don't know how they make that matter when people are 26-18 or whatever but if they can keep the big stars out of matches every week, it could work. Regardless, brilliant to see Pac again in the big time and they delivered.

The three way might be for some people. It isn't for me. For all the stupid stuff they did, I popped for the eye poke. Love an eye poke. Always gets a laugh out of me. I'm on board with gaffer taping Jimmy Havoc to chairs to keep him out of matches though. I'd make that a weekly thing. Respect to them for the stupid stuff they are willing to do to themselves. Means nothing to me, sadly.

Tag Match was fine but needed to be half as long. I quite like the work of the Dark Order. Wish they looked better though.

I pretty much skipped the ladies.

Enjoyed the entrances for Cody and Spears. Good stuff. Good emphasis on the Cody/MJF "friendship". That's going to mean something when the obvious eventually happens. Not a Star Trek fan myself but appreciate the effort. Cody giving that little kid a high five was the highlight. Beautiful little moment. I'm still impressed that they got Spears to mean this much this quickly. Again, it was too long but the action was good, it felt as frantic as it needed to from the beginning, got the right big spots - Double A looked biiiiig but still delivered a beaut of a spinebuster - and the right guy won.

Ladder match was good action but overly long. The home straight was hot and the mask spot got a great reaction. It's hard to do stuff we haven't seen in ladder matches these days but they managed it. As a spotfest, it satisfied the requirement. Lacked an engaging story for me. They normally do. So you get spots like one of each team splashing the other of each team at the same time for the visual when it makes no sense for either to be so heartless.

Main event was very solid. Result was obvious and they did too good a job with the recent Page interviews that it hurts him to lose. Follow-up will be interesting.

Feels like they're in a decent place to hit TNT next month. Jericho is on top. Moxley, Pac and Cody have momentum. Omega and Page need to bounce back. The tag division is absolutely stacked. They've established Nyla as the big heel in the women's division and have several good babyfaces lined up particularly Riho and Baker. I'm ready to see if they can deliver weekly. That's much harder than this. Wish them luck. Still thankful they came along. Wrestling is already far more interesting than it was 6 months ago.

Another good show, albeit an overly long one. I watched the show this morning and fast forwarded through the pre-show and the Best Friends tag match just so I could fit All Out into my day. They seem to be listening to fan feedback so hopefully they’ll trim the PPV length once they start on TNT. 

The announcing was far better, and Golden Boy was particularly good. It seems a shame that he might be removed from the desk for Tony Schiavone given that he’s been their most consistent announcer.

Jim Ross...he definitely had his (good) moments on this show but I found him uncomfortable to listen to once again. He seemed grumpy and snarky at times, and it’s not particularly fun. 

Luchasaurus is absolutely fantastic. I don’t understand how WWE let him slip through the net, even if he was operating under a different gimmick back then. He’s crazy athletic, good on the mic and an absolute blast to watch. 

I still remain to be convinced about the merits of adding Stunt to the team, but they seem to be building trios right around the board. Presumably there’s a reason for that. 

Cody/Spears was decent. I’m a little surprised they had Cody win when there’s clearly a lot more meat on the bones of that particular story.

The main event was excellent, but I still don’t buy Page at that level, as a babyface at least. 

The ladder match was great too, and I’m curious to see how successful they’ll be at presenting tag team wrestling as a main event worthy attraction. They certainly have the talent in place.

Main event was a bag of dicks, can’t remember the last time I enjoyed Jericho wrestle. I didn’t even like his first match against Omega. Just retire and fuck off.

Everything else on the card was good to great. Obviously I’m pretty heartbroken right now for obvious reasons. Don’t think I heard the crowd ask for Punk all night though 

• Paid Members

I'd forgotten about Cody's high-five to that kid. That was magic! It's quite amazing how much bigger of a star Cody feels in this environment compared to Omega.

Did they show everyone's records during entrances? I only noticed it during Pac's. It's going to be mad in a few years when guys have crazy records like 52-31, isn't it? Unless they abandon it by then.

I don't know anything about Cracker Barrell but I find it really weird that a restaurant sponsored three guys smashing up their necks and backs.

Yeah, ultimately, one of the most exciting things about the TNT show is the fact that they're limited to two hours. I love the aesthetic, crowd, characters and in-ring work of AEW, I just can't stomach it when it's marathon-length.

Plus, with any luck we'll get more of the Jericho we saw during the post-show YouTube special, which was awesome:

• Paid Members

I really liked it. Thought it had something for everyone. No stupid backstage comedy on the show. The pre-show was actually good for a change. No Alex Marvez. A great time was had by all in the pre-show. The WCW influence is so obvious (in a good way.) The panning on the crowds, close up, is such a Nitro thing. The entrances, with the guys talking directly into the camera is something you'd see on Nitro as well.

The opening six man was awesome. Luchasaurus and his boys are a breakout act. Pac and Omega was really good, and they left a lot on the table for a future match. Havoc going over was the wrong decision for me, considering Darby Allin was the MVP of the match. Cody and Spears wasnt as good as previous Cody matches, but it was packed with storyline and had Arn Anderson. The ladder match was insane. I thought Nick Jackson had genuinely injured himself badly late on. LAX debut was great. The main event wasnt that good, but the right man went over. Hangman reminded me a bit of Bobby Roode in 2011. He isnt quite living up to the hype they are putting on him.

Not a perfect presentation, mind. JR obviously hates everyone involved in the hardcore threeway match. He doesnt like the name "Jungle Boy", so constantly refers to him as "Jungle Jack." You can see why McMahon gave him shit for years in his earpiece. Excalibur is good as calling the matches, but he's still getting to grips with the general job of what a TV play-by-play man is. He keeps getting shit wrong, like dates, times, win-loss records, the fact they arent TV tapings, they are live broadcasts etc. Justin Roberts is still a cunt. And Cody's poor dog looked terrified. That was awful to see.

Good variety show. Well worth your time.

• Paid Members

Grumpy JR's only saving grace was when he rightly called out Justin Roberts' weird, squeaky time-calling voice. I'm all for the times being called but just do it in a normal, human voice. As if it didn't have the potential to distract from the action anyway, you've decided to do it in the style of Joe Pasquale!

If TNT are not allowing anything 'death match' then God knows what Havoc, Janella and Allin are going to do considering the pull aparts leading up to this looked like shit.

Hopefully this was a 'getting it out of their system' match but I think Havoc and Janella specifically are going to flounder if they cant do hardcore stuff. 

For me it was good but not great. A lot of it didn't deliver on the promise of the build up, which is always a difficult position to be in. Not that I ever expected the main event to be able to deliver in-ring as well as some of the other matches. Nor Cody/Shawn. All credit to them for at least making me interested in it before it happened.

Ladder match was a highlight even though I've seen them all work together a lot. Just felt like an important match and not as messy as that weird Cracker Barrel match that did very little for me.

The women's match was not good.

JR is making too many mistakes and stupid comments. Get rid.

I fucking love Luchasaurus.

My main take from this show, and having watched all 3 now, is that this war isn't nearly as clear cut as some AEW fans may believe.

As others have said, it's amazing how far Kenny has fallen since joining AEW and it's not just because hes losing matches. He just doesn't come across as a star at all. Despite that, his match was the best. 

Cody on the other hand is the biggest star in the company by a mile. The sooner he gets the belt from the fat, balding 50 year old ex wwe comedy midcarder the better. 

Enjoyed the show a lot but can do without the ladder match. Just beyond stupid. I get it's what the bucks do, but it's just not for me.

In fairness to Kenny, they haven't really been trying to push him as a star. I don't think they've failed him or that he's failed. They're just going down a different route and not pushing him in the main event position currently. I'm okay with that. I like that they're putting the focus on a lot of different talent.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed it, but hated the hardcore match. It was a weird hybrid of comedy and stuff I assume Riche Freebird wanks over, done by three wrestlers I reckon are shit, particularly Havoc. 

Oh, and I never want to see the Young Bucks wrestle the Lucha Bros ever again. 

Pac vs Omega was great, match of the night. I hope Pac is sticking around.