All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

I have a feeling that people on all sides of the negotiation table when it comes to Brexit are going to regret not getting a deal done when May was in power. It's going to get a whole lot more interesting when Boris and his appointed team take over this shit.

I was one of those who was confident that he'd never get near the job as most Tory MPs hated him, based mainly on a Tory MP telling me that.  I completely underestimated how important it was to the party to win elections.   The calculation, as @David says, that Boris is a GE winner is what got them lined up behind him.  We truly are living in the Trumpian age.

Next on the list I guess is a no-deal Brexit, seeing as this is the shittest timeline.  I suppose there's an outside chance that Johnson will bring a tiny concession out of the EU over  Northern Ireland and somehow sell that to his party.  But let's face it, we're crashing out big time.

I used to think that long-term, Brexit would be the death of the Conservative Party, as they would take the blame for the undoubted shitstorm that will happen afterwards.  But with how polarised British politics is becoming, and the re-emergence of a hard right party in the Brexit party, I think a lot of the "liberal" and progressive things we now take for granted will get rolled back before we're done.  The electorate seems determined to move us to the right, and so the system will follow them.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Think the only way he’s going is if some actual scandal gets dug up or found out. I’m not talking “had a row with missus” level, I’m talking old school Profumo level shit. 

As I said on Twitter, the only thing he can do to stop people liking and excusing him is if he converted to Islam.

The Cabinet:

Boris Johnson (Prime Minister), Sajid Javid (Chancellor), Priti Patel (Home Secretary), Dominic Raab (Foreign Secretary), Stephen Barclay (Brexit Secretary), Michael Gove (Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster), Ben Wallace (Defence Secretary), Liz Truss (International Trade Secretary), Matt Hancock (Health & Social Care Secretary), Theresa Villiers (Environment Secretary), Gavin Williamson (Education Secretary), Nicky Morgan (Culture Secretary), Andrea Leadsom (Business Secretary), Robert Jendrick (Housing & Communities Secretary), Amber Rudd (Work & Pensions, Women & Equalities Secretary), Robert Buckland (Justice Secretary), Alok Sharma (International Development Secretary), Grant Shapps (Transport Secretary), Alun Cairns (Welsh Secretary), Alister Jack (Scottish Secretary) and Julian Smith (Northern Irish Secretary)

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The Cabinet:

Boris Johnson (Prime Minister), Sajid Javid (Chancellor), Priti Patel (Home Secretary), Dominic Raab (Foreign Secretary), Stephen Barclay (Brexit Secretary), Michael Gove (Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster), Ben Wallace (Defence Secretary), Liz Truss (International Trade Secretary), Matt Hancock (Health & Social Care Secretary), Theresa Villiers (Environment Secretary), Gavin Williamson (Education Secretary), Nicky Morgan (Culture Secretary), Andrea Leadsom (Business Secretary), Robert Jendrick (Housing & Communities Secretary), Amber Rudd (Work & Pensions, Women & Equalities Secretary), Robert Buckland (Justice Secretary), Alok Sharma (International Development Secretary), Grant Shapps (Transport Secretary), Alun Cairns (Welsh Secretary), Alister Jack (Scottish Secretary) and Julian Smith (Northern Irish Secretary)

Jesus Christ the state of this cabinet. The only silver lining is these chucklefucks have nowhere to hide now. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

I'm starting to believe that we are seeing the end of the UK.

I'm not convinced that he's the vote winner that some think he is. But I'm beyond putting my faith in anything these days.

The UK was doomed anyway. Birth rates alone would lead to a United Ireland at some point this century. Good. Hopefully we go independent at some point too. 

• Paid Members

A friend of mine who used to work as a speechwriter for Gordon Brown says he thinks that this is a "fuck you" cabinet, designed to be as divisive and chaotic as possible. He thinks the whole point is that it will tear itself apart, force an early general election, paving the way for a Johnson pact with Farage. If there's any truth to that, it smacks of Steve Bannon.