All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

A Johnson pact with Farage will rely on Farage and his party winning some seats. They couldn't win that by-election in Peterborough which was virtually tee'd up for them to win after their European election success. Farage does not do well in a FPTP election. His record is very clear. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

A Johnson pact with Farage will rely on Farage and his party winning some seats. They couldn't win that by-election in Peterborough which was virtually tee'd up for them to win after their European election success. Farage does not do well in a FPTP election. His record is very clear. 

Or relying on the Brexit Party not standing in large leave areas to avoid splitting the Tory vote.

Don't see much Labour can do outside of putting together a strong manifesto and hitting the campaign trail hard. Hoping that they can repeat the success they had motivating people to vote in 2017, and that the Tory vote is split.

Not sure that I buy into supporting remain, taking them to power. If anything that could possibly hurt the Dems in marginal seats imo.

Farage will do what is best for Farage.

• Paid Members

In a way, I think Boris could be what Corbyn needs - the foppish posh buffoon gimmick is far easier to cast as the antithesis of Corbyn's "for the many" brand of Labour politics, and far easier to rally against than Theresa May, who lacked the personality to really go all-in on. His performance in PMQs showed he has more bite in him against the new cabinet than he's had for a while.

All too little too late, I'm sure, but interesting times.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

In a way, I think Boris could be what Corbyn needs - the foppish posh buffoon gimmick is far easier to cast as the antithesis of Corbyn's "for the many" brand of Labour politics, and far easier to rally against than Theresa May, who lacked the personality to really go all-in on. His performance in PMQs showed he has more bite in him against the new cabinet than he's had for a while.

All too little too late, I'm sure, but interesting times.

I think a lot of people are making the mistake of thinking what worked for Trump will work for Johnson.

Still though Labour need to get their shit together. The infighting needs to end and they need to get fully behind a Brexit option, regardless of what it actually is.

The perception that they are fence sitting is doing a lot of damage.

I still can't fathom how Labour haven't mobilised and taken advantage of such political apathy. If they actually stood by a decision and sang from the same hymn sheet, we wouldn't be in this shit storm.

I'm sure Johnson is trolling with his cabinet but all I can see is him winning a GE because people laud his optimism and love a character. What they fail to see is that this optimism is a front for not having a clue what's going on. 

In short, I want to emigrate.

4 hours ago, LCJ said:

Boris as PM. FML. Seriously considering emigrating to Canada now.

I hate to break it to you, but there's an election due there in October where the Canadian Tories are currently the narrow favourites to win. 

3 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

I hate to break it to you, but there's an election due there in October where the Canadian Tories are currently the narrow favourites to win. 

At least the PM won’t be Boris Johnson though.

Maybe Scotland will become independent and there’ll be somewhere nearer to emigrate to. I’m sick of this Brexit shambles and I’m genuinely worried about the prospect of no deal.

20 hours ago, LCJ said:

Boris as PM. FML. Seriously considering emigrating to Canada now.

Move to a country with such stringent rules on immigration? Fuck that. Move to Germany instead, you'll still be a member of the EU and be able to enjoy all the benefits.