All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

2 hours ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Well, one of them's a bit of cock, but if we're advocating violence towards a shopkeeper for literally minding their own business then something has gone terribly wrong with the mindset.

Which one? Maybe I should get my eyes tested, because I see two racist, bloated, hateful Tory bastards in this picture.

On 7/28/2019 at 10:24 AM, Brewster McCloud said:

What, all of them? The same Iraqi people who were murdered in their hundreds of thousands by a genocidal, fascist regime who they didn't choose? How about the other poor sods in countries who Hussein slew?

Here's the thing, who the fuck made the UK and the US the world's policemen? We went in there under the proviso that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. They didn't. Iraq was also accused of harbouring and supporting Al-Qaeda. They weren't. This was all confirmed by various US and UK reports into the matter. The reasoning and supporting evidence for that war was a total joke, and at the time both Governments saw push back from their own intelligence forces before a bullet had been fired.

The sadly ironic thing is, we went in to remove weapons of mass destruction, and began our campaign with a "shock and awe" attack that used...weapons of mass destruction. 

You'll note that these poor, helpless Iraqi people who were powerless against Saddam and his forces had absolutely zero problem in rising up against the collective might of the US and UK armed forces though, eh? Don't underestimate the power of the people to take a stand if they feel they're being shat on. 

The bottom line is, we had no business going into Iraq and removing the government. Who the fuck are we to decide if a country should "get" democracy? The implementation of democracy has saw sectarian tensions in the country worsen, with the Sunni minority facing persecution. They way the do things in certain countries may be alien to the likes of you and me, but it's the people there who have to make that call, not the all-knowing western powers.

The aftermath of the Iraq war blatantly shows the reasons why we went in there. To remove someone who wasn't always compliant with our wishes, and there was also the bonus of being able to hand out Federal contracts to private security, logistics and reconstruction contractors to the tune of $140 billion. 

Guess who benefited from these contracts? The likes of KBR, a former subsidiary of Halliburton saw around $40 billion of the handouts. Guess who used to run Halliburton? The US Vice-President at the time. 

A host of Kuwaiti companies also benefited. Essentially what happened was Iraq was destroyed, a puppet regime installed and the task of rebuilding the country was farmed out to key companies, many of whom had links with those friendly to the US Government of the time, and also key players in the Government itself.

A lot of powerful people got very fucking rich off the back of the Iraqi's who were killed during that period, most of them American. All paid for by US tax dollars and Iraqi money. 

This quote from the Special Inspector General of the Iraqi reconstruction program sums the whole situation up perfectly:

“Contractors are here to stay as real players. The opportunities in this field are shaped by the unpredictable rhythm of when a fragile state will fail.”

The US go in and topple those "fragile states" and then the specially chosen corporations can move in to rebuild on fat Government contracts. Everyone wins. Well, apart from the tax payers who have to foot the bill and pay with constant threats of terror attacks in their own countries, and obviously it's not all that great for the people in the countries in question.

So yeah, I'd rather have my head stapled to the fucking carpet than see someone like Blair back in power. Fuck him, if Hussein was hanged for his crimes then Blair should have been right next to him.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Here's the thing, who the fuck made the UK and the US the world's policemen? We went in there under the proviso that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. They didn't. Iraq was also accused of harbouring and supporting Al-Qaeda. They weren't. This was all confirmed by various US and UK reports into the matter. The reasoning and supporting evidence for that war was a total joke, and at the time both Governments saw push back from their own intelligence forces before a bullet had been fired.

The sadly ironic thing is, we went in to remove weapons of mass destruction, and began our campaign with a "shock and awe" attack that used...weapons of mass destruction. 

You'll note that these poor, helpless Iraqi people who were powerless against Saddam and his forces had absolutely zero problem in rising up against the collective might of the US and UK armed forces though, eh? Don't underestimate the power of the people to take a stand if they feel they're being shat on. 

The bottom line is, we had no business going into Iraq and removing the government. Who the fuck are we to decide if a country should "get" democracy? The implementation of democracy has saw sectarian tensions in the country worsen, with the Sunni minority facing persecution. They way the do things in certain countries may be alien to the likes of you and me, but it's the people there who have to make that call, not the all-knowing western powers.

The aftermath of the Iraq war blatantly shows the reasons why we went in there. To remove someone who wasn't always compliant with our wishes, and there was also the bonus of being able to hand out Federal contracts to private security, logistics and reconstruction contractors to the tune of $140 billion. 

Guess who benefited from these contracts? The likes of KBR, a former subsidiary of Halliburton saw around $40 billion of the handouts. Guess who used to run Halliburton? The US Vice-President at the time. 

A host of Kuwaiti companies also benefited. Essentially what happened was Iraq was destroyed, a puppet regime installed and the task of rebuilding the country was farmed out to key companies, many of whom had links with those friendly to the US Government of the time, and also key players in the Government itself.

A lot of powerful people got very fucking rich off the back of the Iraqi's who were killed during that period, most of them American. All paid for by US tax dollars and Iraqi money. 

This quote from the Special Inspector General of the Iraqi reconstruction program sums the whole situation up perfectly:

“Contractors are here to stay as real players. The opportunities in this field are shaped by the unpredictable rhythm of when a fragile state will fail.”

The US go in and topple those "fragile states" and then the specially chosen corporations can move in to rebuild on fat Government contracts. Everyone wins. Well, apart from the tax payers who have to foot the bill and pay with constant threats of terror attacks in their own countries, and obviously it's not all that great for the people in the countries in question.

So yeah, I'd rather have my head stapled to the fucking carpet than see someone like Blair back in power. Fuck him, if Hussein was hanged for his crimes then Blair should have been right next to him.

Look, you foolish Scotch egg, did the war have terrible consequences? Yes. It was a bit of shitshow in the end?, I grant you that. But if you are of the mindset that Hussain shouldn't have been deposed, then I think you have a massive gaping hole where your moral compass should be. Unless you're actually like that idiot Chomsky, then how about actually caring for people who were suffering greatly under an oppressive regime. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Blair was fine and he had every reason to go to war. Try living in the actual real world, David.

2 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Blair was fine and he had every reason to go to war.

There is literally no one who agrees with that with the exception of morons. None of the evidence backs it up, it didn't at the time, and it certainly didn't after the fact.

Back in your box, lad.

Edited by David

3 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Right. A dictator didn't have to be taken out of power?

I'm fairly certain you already know all of this, but we didn't go in under the premise of taking a dictator out of power. We went in claiming he was hiding weapons of mass destruction and that he was harbouring and supporting Al-Qaeda. These were the reasons given at the time, and which were being refuted by both US and UK intelligence behind closed doors. 

As much as people like you seem to believe we can just chuck our weight around and remove anyone we don't like, if the US and ourselves had said at the time "Yeah, we're gonna just go in and get rid of Saddam cos he's a dictator" there would have been international uproar. 

Don't forget, it was US intelligence that helped Saddam's Ba`ath Party claim power in the early 60's, while ourselves and the US backed Saddam in a war against Iran in the 80's, providing them with arms, funding, intelligence and so on.

I'm guessing he wasn't a dictator back then though, right? Otherwise we wouldn't have allowed him to stay in power 😉

5 minutes ago, David said:

I'm fairly certain you already know all of this, but we didn't go in under the premise of taking a dictator out of power. We went in claiming he was hiding weapons of mass destruction and that he was harbouring and supporting Al-Qaeda. These were the reasons given at the time, and which were being refuted by both US and UK intelligence behind closed doors. 

As much as people like you seem to believe we can just chuck our weight around and remove anyone we don't like, if the US and ourselves had said at the time "Yeah, we're gonna just go in and get rid of Saddam cos he's a dictator" there would have been international uproar. 

Don't forget, it was US intelligence that helped Saddam's Ba`ath Party claim power in the early 60's, while ourselves and the US backed Saddam in a war against Iran in the 80's, providing them with arms, funding, intelligence and so on.

I'm guessing he wasn't a dictator back then though, right? Otherwise we wouldn't have allowed him to stay in power 😉

And why is it so awful that the Powers That Be got it wrong about the WMDs? Why is that the thing that people like you constantly bring up, when the fact is that the Evil West got rid of an awful swine? I just don't get it. Anyone in a position of power must forcibly remove anyone who is abusing said position of power. Why is that so difficult to wrap your head around, you mentalist?

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, David said:

The implementation of democracy has saw sectarian tensions in the country worsen, with the Sunni minority facing persecution.

Sorry, just a quick correction: the Sunni are the majority in Iraq, the Shi'a the minority. Part of the basis of the pretext for Iraq and Iran going to war.

2 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

And why is it so awful that the Powers That Be got it wrong about the WMDs?

They didn't just get it wrong, they knew that there wasn't any before a bullet had been fired. Our own intelligence agencies had already provided this information. The "powers that be" completely dismissed that information though because they were hellbent on not just removing the Iraqi regime, but furthering their own ends.

3 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Why is that the thing that people like you constantly bring up, when the fact is that the Evil West got rid of an awful swine?

Because, as I said, it's not the job of the West to just remove anyone it sees fit, leaving a trail of absolute carnage in its wake. We now face numerous terror threats, people have been blown up, an entire section of our society is vilified all because of the decisions made by our government. 

5 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Anyone in a position of power must forcibly remove anyone who is abusing said position of power.

If this was the law of the land there'd be virtually no leaders left, western or otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

I just don't get it.

Sadly.

17 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Sorry, just a quick correction: the Sunni are the majority in Iraq, the Shi'a the minority. Part of the basis of the pretext for Iraq and Iran going to war.

Apologies, I'm by no stretch an expert on the religious or political scene in Iraq. 

11 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Can't wait unti we remove the Saudi royal family from power.

Well, "anyone in a position of power must forcibly remove anyone who is abusing said position of power," so it surely has to happen!