Paid Members gmoney Posted March 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 25, 2025 Hall's solo album Three Hearts in the Happy Ending Machine is an absolute banger. Can't speak for the rest of his solo output, but I think it's generally well regarded. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 25, 2025 (edited) "Wait a minute. This sounds like Hall and/or Oates." EDIT: @gmoney - care to post that in the Album of the Day thread? Edited March 25, 2025 by Carbomb Don Goodman Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 25, 2025 Hell in a room Quote
lanky316 Posted March 25, 2025 Posted March 25, 2025 I assume the actor who'd normally be playing Basil Fawlty is unavailable so they've had to put René in and change the disclaimer to include a comedy French accent. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted March 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 26, 2025 11 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Hell in a room That almost sounds like an idea for a sitcom a friend and I had set in an old folks' home populated by characters from old sitcoms. We skipped over it and decided a parody of gritty crime procedurals starring the Chuckle Brothers and various other characters and stars from kids TV would have been a better idea. I remember one idea was that Timmy Mallet was a hit man, complete with the Mallet's Mallet sound when he was performing his hits, and a parody of the Bonnie Situation scene from Pulp Fiction using characters from Hector's House just so I could use the line "don't you ruddy Hector me", and something based on the Mr Blonde torture scene from Reservoir Dogs involving maybe Basil Brush? This was 20 years ago that we had this idea. If I remember the main twist was going to be that Orville was the chief of police and Cuddles was going to be the big boss behind all the crimes, with Keith Harris being stuck in the middle of it. Quote
westlondonmist Posted April 3, 2025 Posted April 3, 2025 Shit, but I'd probably sit through it I also saw this today, I'm no crochet expert but it's just odd to me. I'm not the target audience. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 3, 2025 Famous knitters are hard to come by Fulhamfog. When you've got a bona-fide wool worrier like like Tom Daley you try and make a few quid out of him. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted April 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 3, 2025 There's a lady in one of my "locals" who does Karaoke every Thursday. Lovely enough lady but everytime I hear the opening chord to Sweet Caroline I know I'm in for 4 minutes of out of time awful and screeching. She is nice though so I can allow the ear bleeds. Quote
Chili Posted April 3, 2025 Posted April 3, 2025 On 3/25/2025 at 1:06 PM, gmoney said: Hall's solo album Three Hearts in the Happy Ending Machine is an absolute banger. Can't speak for the rest of his solo output, but I think it's generally well regarded. Ahhh thank you for reminding me of this. Dreamtime is on that and it's absolutely top drawer. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 My sleep tonight. Top landing mains smoke alarm has a low battery. It’s 1.40am and we don’t have a replacement. It’s woke us both up and the dog is annoyed by it. Excellent. Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 (edited) Quite a lot to take in here, including double Phil Mitchel for some reason. Edited April 4, 2025 by Scratch Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 there is one great gag at the end of that trailer, but I expect it to be the funniest thing in the whole film. I'm still convinced that the only reason this movie even got made is that someone in a Hollywood boardroom accidentally mixed up the names "Liam Neeson" and "Lesley Nielsen" and has been styling it out ever since. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted April 4, 2025 Moderators Posted April 4, 2025 I thought it could be decent when I heard about it, was pleased when I saw Akiva was directing, and the trailer gives me no reason to believe otherwise. I'm looking forward to it. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 I was a big police squad fan when I was a kid, and whilst a lot of the jokes went over my head at the time (“nice beaver”), loved the films. And I like Akiva. Both the Lonely Island projects and his Rescue Rangers film. But that opening gag was awful and it depends is it going to be more like that or more like the OJ gag at the end? I’ll be there opening day for the novelty of seeing Cody Rhodes act on the big screen. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.