Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted April 4, 2025 Moderators Posted April 4, 2025 So what I'm reading there is that you don't know whether it will be shit or not. So doesn't really fit in this thread by your own admission! Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 I don't see any reason to believe that will be shit, and the trailer hasn't changed my mind. Quote
organizedkaos Posted April 4, 2025 Posted April 4, 2025 As well the fun of Naked Gun is more the sheer volume and flow of the nonsense jokes. I don't think any joke in that trailer necessarily couldn't have been in the originals, it's just if you grab one or two in isolation it's a bit meh (especially because they've banked [NPI] on half the trailer being serious as to make the joke land, something the film wouldn't be able to do) I mean there's a high chance it'll be shit, big comedy films seem to get broadened to death so they end up aiming squarely at "acceptable distraction" so yeah it would suck to have a content naked gun. But yeah it's friday and it's gonna be sunny all weekend, let's be optimistic (and that final joke got a genuinely laugh out of me sitting in the office so that feels like a good sign) Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 50 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: So what I'm reading there is that you don't know whether it will be shit or not. So doesn't really fit in this thread by your own admission! No, I do think it will mostly likely be shit if the trailer is representative of the finished product. But a lot of comedy films ruin their best gags in trailers and the overall film is crap (Baywatch, Tag, Strays just off the top of my head). I thought Ted was pretty funny, but Ted 2 and Million Ways to Die… were awful. And I know Seth Mcfarlane is involved so that’s not good. I don’t think Liam Nieson has the comic timing of a Leslie Nielsen to pull it off. TL:DR My expectations have much diminished from when this was first announced to the release of the trailer, and I hope I’m wrong to think it will be shit. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 Baywatch is the one you famously liked or didn't like depending on who you were talking to about it. Quote
westlondonmist Posted April 4, 2025 Posted April 4, 2025 I did laugh at the Nordberg joke, the rest was a bit meh. For me Naked Gun is stupid humour, purposely stupid humour and it was just dialled up to 11. Due to the constant stream of crap jokes it was good and you didn't need a particularly coherent storyline. It sounds like it should be easy to replicate on paper, but in reality probably quite difficult. I'm not going to write it off, but I'm not in a rush to see it. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted April 4, 2025 Moderators Posted April 4, 2025 37 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I don’t think Liam Nieson has the comic timing of a Leslie Nielsen to pull it off. That's nuts. Can only assume you haven't seen him in Extras and Atlanta. Man knows how to deadpan. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: That's nuts. Can only assume you haven't seen him in Extras and Atlanta. Man knows how to deadpan. Yeah he’s really good for a fella with full blown AIDS. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 (edited) 25 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: That's nuts. Can only assume you haven't seen him in Extras and Atlanta. Man knows how to deadpan. Absolutely fair. He In those shows he had decent production and direction. I was thinking of him more in Million Ways to Die and MIB: International. And I should think more about who is directing this and less about those. For the uninitiated, and because I feel it’s not as popular as it should be, here’s the clip from Atlanta and a reminder if you’ve never seen it, it’s a fantastic show Spoiler @gmoney Baywatch is the film where I thought it was really funny for the first 20/30 minutes when I posted about it. But when we went to finish it the next day found it unfunny drivel and I don’t know if it’s just a film of two halves, or it was the mood of the day affecting judgement. But not even Alexandra Daddario will make me watch it again to find out. Edited April 4, 2025 by Hannibal Scorch Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 Earliest thing I saw Neeson in was High Spirits - deeply problematic nature of the film aside, his comic timing wasn't bad in that. Quote
LCJ Posted April 4, 2025 Posted April 4, 2025 16 hours ago, westlondonmist said: Shit, but I'd probably sit through it I’ve seen this and it wasn’t actually that bad. Granted, I wouldn’t have chosen to watch ‘Now that’s what I call a Musical’ (my Mrs wanted to go - so we went). I’m not a big fan of musicals in general but if you lived in the 80s and were a fan of some of the pop music from the time, it’s a bit of a laugh. Sonia is super over in Liverpool (as you’d expect). Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted April 4, 2025 Posted April 4, 2025 This might be the funniest thing I’ve seen Neeson do. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 We're all overlooking his Derry Girls appearance, I see. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted April 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2025 2 hours ago, FLips said: Yeah he’s really good for a fella with full blown AIDS. I watch this clip about once a year. It's so good. Quote
davertfnewman Posted April 4, 2025 Posted April 4, 2025 7 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: How does he cut that pose without looking like a T shape? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.