Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Cancel the entire season, from the Premier League to the depths of the non-league pyramid! Obviously this isn't me saying it from a selfish standpoint because Barnsley would stay in the Championship, and Leeds wouldn't go up to the Premier League(and the outpouring of grief from the red half of Liverpool would be entertaining too)!

• Paid Members

We look to the skies for a vindicator, someone to strike fear into the black hearts
of the same man who created him... The battle between good and evil has begun...
Against an army of shadows, lies a dark warrior...

The prevailer of good...
With a voice of silence...
And a mission of justice...
This is COVID-19.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

It's hard to place the blame entirely on their doorstep when the government - on this very day - say there is no need to cancel sports events. 

The issue with sport is managers, players and staff come into contact with other people in the media, the travel industry etc. The Prem knew this and allowed it to continue. It would still be going ahead if the players hadn't shown signs or been tested for it. I lay it at them this one. And hey, I get it. This is a mad old time and people are not prepared for such stuff. I just feel a bit of leadership and caution should have been executed by those at the top

• Paid Members

Yeah, these cancellations are (officially) nothing to do with public gatherings, rather the fact that so many players are out via isolation. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to come back in April and finish behind closed doors.

I did have an idea they could ditch everything till the summer, do the rest of the FA Cup in the last week of July (quarters on Saturday/Sunday, semis Tuesday/Wednesday, final Saturday) then finish the Premier League season in August/early September -- but every game/results also counts as the corresponding fixture for 2020-21 (other than ones with the relegated teams.) You then take a few weeks off to sort out the fixture list and complete the season as normal with the remaining games.

Main problem is coordination as you either need the league (and even non-league) to follow suit, or you have problems with promotion/relegation. Plus it wouldn't work because we wouldn't have Champions League/Europe League entrants decided in time.