Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Does anyone remember how magnificent Michael Branch was on Football Manager back in the late 90's?
I still periodically think about that and wonder why.

One or two of the devs were Everton fans, I think. 

@SuperBacon - sounds like you're emulating the John Bostock path

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, hallicks said:

One or two of the devs were Everton fans, I think.

They are but I think they were beyond making up the stats themselves by that point. Most clubs had over-enthusiastic fans submitting stats though. Branch was highly thought of too. We had him and Jevons on loan in the early 2000s. Would have loved to have kept him at that point, he was a very clever striker and a decent finisher. Met him at a petrol station once. At that time, most City players were still pretty grounded. He had a massive Range Rover with tinted windows. Would have been out of place in the car park, I reckon. Probably earned more than Brian Little!

• Paid Members

Great suggestions for scenario gameplay here lads. I really like the 'most horrible team' idea and I think I've done a Big Sam one before.

I'm going to try a 'The problem with Arsenal is that they try to walk it into the net' game. I am going to recruit players only with 20 passing, and fuck all else. Instructions- short passing game and lots of pressing. We won't win many matches but by god our possession % stats will be through the roof. And we all know how important % stats are.

Right, Tim?

5nuJiv.gif

I have only just noticed John O'Shea's face in that GIF. Outstanding.

I remember as far back as Championship Manager 94 two of the developers put themselves in the game as lower league prospects. From Thickipedia - 

The Championship Manager '94 - End of Season Data Disk, which was available on the Amiga, contained 2 fictional players added by a couple of people who worked on the game. The players were Mark Collis and Ferah Orosco. They were a striker and a defender, respectively, for Cambridge United in Division 3 and are regarded as the first ever fictional super-players in the CM series.

So with everything delayed, do we think much will change when football resumes? (Aside from Liverpool strolling to the title).

One obvious one that stands out is that Kane/Son will be fit for the remaining games of the season which will work in Spurs favour, Man City also have a few injuries I think that may help them in the Champions League. 

Haven't Villa also got some terrible injuries? I am expecting Sean Dyche & Karen Brady to be the first two to moan when Burnley miss out on Europe & West Ham go down instead of Villa. 

11 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

One obvious one that stands out is that Kane/Son will be fit for the remaining games of the season which will work in Spurs favour,

This will not change Spurs season at all. Way too far gone for that in terms of everything. The only saving grace is that Kane won't have to donkey around for England this season whilst being cheered by people who slate him for 11 months a year in tournament years (looking at you @PunkStep)

• Paid Members

Idea for next season, assuming it has to be shortened: Keep the FA and League cups, but Premier League teams have to be under 21s until the semis and Championship teams until the quarter finals.

Reduces the fixture list for the first team players while still keeping a full schedule. There's still a decent opportunity for Premier League teams to get a Europa League place. And as we've seen with Liverpool-Shrewsbury this year, you're still getting a good turnout/TV money/lower league players happy to be playing at a Premier League stadium even if it's against the kids.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, JNLister said:

And as we've seen with Liverpool-Shrewsbury this year, you're still getting a good turnout/TV money/lower league players happy to be playing at a Premier League stadium even if it's against the kids.

A situation that should never have happened [/spite] but I know where you're coming from. I would, however, enable full strength Champ sides at Round 5 to realistically give teams that are struggling to chase promotion enough incentive to reboot their campaign.

On a separate note, the rumour about Peter Wittingham's death from yesterday was sadly confirmed this afternoon. Only 35.