Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

Was a good look into something that doesn't get mentioned much or ever by wwe.

Dumbest comment was "no one got over and not one star was made from it" well Bart Gunn kinda was and could've been if they did anything with him after it to follow up, not saying they needed him or it during the attitude era but a legit tough Bastard midcarder/IC wouldve been a fine spot for him, it didn't have to be Austin or bust.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Factotum said:

Still odd they didn't do anything with Bart after he won. Could have easily done well as a solid mid card with that gimmick as a badass.

Yeh, never understood that. Hell, All-Japan did more with that, when he was with them as Mike Barton - his finisher was the "Golden Left".

• Paid Members

In terms of them not capitalising on Gunn's win, I guess they saw the Butterbean fight as high risk/high reward - if Bart Gunn knocked out Butterbean, then he would have got the mega-push as a legit tough guy. If he didn't? It's only Bart Gunn, so no great loss. It's not like they were starved of top talent anyway.

Bart had a decent little career after WWE, to be fair, working regularly in Japan. He also had matches against and teaming with Steve Williams, so they were both clearly over the whole thing as well. 

Looking at his cagematch profile and it looks like he worked a couple of dark matches for WWE in 2003. I wonder if they were thinking of bringing him back in or what the story was there? They were Florida shows so maybe they just needed a body and knew he was local. 

• Awards Moderator
58 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

In terms of them not capitalising on Gunn's win, I guess they saw the Butterbean fight as high risk/high reward - if Bart Gunn knocked out Butterbean, then he would have got the mega-push as a legit tough guy. If he didn't? It's only Bart Gunn, so no great loss. It's not like they were starved of top talent anyway.

I thought the plan was deliberately to feed him to Butterbean, to squash his run. As he wasn't Vince's chosen one he can't have a push? 

I haven't caught up with the show yet so this might be covered. 

• Paid Members

I haven't watched any of this but I thought that New Jack thing where he tased Vic Grimes was fairly common knowledge? Did it cover him nearly stabbing Gypsy Joe to death too?

2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I haven't watched any of this but I thought that New Jack thing where he tased Vic Grimes was fairly common knowledge? Did it cover him nearly stabbing Gypsy Joe to death too?

Yeah and the other lad after that who he stabbed a bunch of times.

• Paid Members

Gypsy Joe is so hard, he thought New Jack was working. What a nutter!

Droz cant move his legs and cant feel his hands. The poor guy just gets around in his chair, and he looks way happier than Cornette or Russo, who are both able bodied. You should really let the anger go, when you see someone like Droz.

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

D'lo was fairly sensible I thought. 

You better recognise. 

Haven’t seen the New Jack episode yet but I’ve never liked him. I can see why his schtick got over in the ECW days and the first time you’d see his entrance it left an impression. But everything after that was a bit shit. On top of that, I always thought he came off as a prick and a bully. Did he ever try to take liberties with anyone in a match that could actually fight back? Gypsy Joe was granite tough but about 93 years old and Mass Transit kid was just a big blobby teenager. 

I remember when Bart won the brawl for all I thought he was going to be a breakout star and I was happy for him becuase I always likes Bart. I feel so bad for Bart, instead of being rewarded they sent him home. Are they so thick that they had nothing for him? He just knocked everyone out in the tournament and people were getting behind him surely a new bad ass character was already made for them right in the middle of the Attitude era. All the plans they had for Dr.Death could have been set for Bart instead. It's so sad that if they dont see you as a star then they will make sure they are right.

I personally used to really enjoy the Brawl for all every week but I understand why they didnt do it again becuase of the legit injuries.