Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Yeah all I was left with for episode 4 was sadness for Bart Gunn really. He created an instant gimmick by knocking out all those guys, and JBL getting knocked out <insert Karl kissing his fingers gif>. Instead they kept him home to let Butterbean humiliate him. He was fucked by winning something he wasn’t supposed to. He could have had a decent mid card run. Jr was bitter his golden boy was ruined by it

• Moderators

I dunno if anyone else remembers when Bart got awarded his golden gloves for winning but they had JR do it halfway through an episode of Shotgun. So yeah. He was fucked from the WWFs point of view from the outset. 

Edited by PowerButchi

1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

I dunno if anyone else remembers when Bart got awarded his golden gloves for winning but they had JR do it halfway through an episode of Shotgun. So yeah. He was fucked from the WWFs point of view from the outset. 

I remember that. Bart got a huge ovation from that live crowd. And i remember Jim Ross being a miserable fuck doing that presentation.

14 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Did he ever try to take liberties with anyone in a match that could actually fight back? Gypsy Joe was granite tough but about 93 years old

I think it was Gypsy Joe who started off with the liberty taking by headbutting New Jack on the bridge of the nose... Big mistake.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

I think it was Gypsy Joe who started off with the liberty taking by headbutting New Jack on the bridge of the nose... Big mistake.

Doubt he’d have reacted how he did if it was Haku or Bob Holly who popped his nose though. He picks and chooses who he fucks with. 

Enjoyed the Brawl for All episode, even if it did feel like it could be more. Definitely too much of the Cornette/Russo bollocks. What a pair of cunts. As much as i'm enjoying this series i really hope they and their pathetic feud don't both continue to be featured so heavily. Always liked Bart Gunn for some reason, liked him even more when he knocked all the other fuckers out in the fashion he did back then. They were handed a gimmick really, ending Dr Death like that (let alone the rest) was a great fucking story, a potential star making one. I guess the story of this episode is how the people making the decisions in wrestling can completely fuck you if they want to and the completely pathetic ways you might get heat with the wrong people through no fault of your own and the repercussions of that. Actually, just how pathetic so many in wrestling can be in general.

Bart looks (and sounds) like a hard old bastard you wouldn't want to fuck with these days. Is he much older than Billy? Forgot how deadly that left looked. Fuck being on the end of that. 

9 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Doubt he’d have reacted how he did if it was Haku or Bob Holly who popped his nose though. He picks and chooses who he fucks with. 

The Brawl for All episode and the talk in that one of locker-room hard men, bar fighting and some of the infamous stories will all know had me fascinated at the prospect of one around ten years earlier featuring the likes of Haku, Rude, Race, Bret, Perfect, etc.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

The Brawl for All episode and the talk in that one of locker-room hard men, bar fighting and some of the infamous stories will all know had me fascinated at the prospect of one around ten years earlier featuring the likes of Haku, Rude, Race, Bret, Perfect, etc.

Ha, I started a thread to discuss that very topic just last year...

59 minutes ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

Bart looks (and sounds) like a hard old bastard you wouldn't want to fuck with these days. Is he much older than Billy? Forgot how deadly that left looked. Fuck being on the end of that. 

Bart is is actually a month younger than Billy but in "storyline" was meant to be the older brother

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

& here lies the Golden Rule of bullying "Always pick your victims carefully".

Always wanted to see some like New Jack or JBL etc make a mistake/take a liberty  with:

Haku

Ric Steiner (or Scott) 

Rude

We saw what happened When Konnan fucked up with Ric and Ric decided to 'discipline' him'

Infact didn't some indie non entity (vordell Walker or something like that) try and fuck with a mid fifties Ric a few  years ago on a show to make a name for himself and get battered??