Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

That NXT thing reminds me, they go on in the latest episode about how stupid booking shoot contests is in their environment and the fact you can never 100% predict who's winning, but they didn't learn their fucking lesson. They went and did it again in Tough Enough with Puder and Angle. No way is Olympic gold medallist Kurt Angle getting embarrassed by any of these dickheads they're thinking, while actually just looking to humiliate and humble the Tough Enough lads. Puder, like Bart, just does what as far as he knows is what's required of him to potentially get ahead and win the competition, For daring to better and embarrass Kurt Angle, all they ever did was book him in a Rumble to get stiffed to fuck by Benoit (hmmm), Eddie and Bobcore Holly and swiftly eliminated after. Again, wrestling is so weird and just full of pathetic, insecure backwards cunts.

...Puder did also seem a giant cunt himself too though to be fair.

On subject of Brawl 4 All, i remember reading an interview with Vinny Pazienza (referee for Butterbean match at WM 15). He said, as a boxer himself, that he was sure it was going to be a worked shoot despite it being drummed into him constantly by Vince, Pat Patterosn etc in the build up that it was 100% legitimate yet he still couldn't get away from the "wrestling is fake" mindset.

In normal circumstances he said he would have called it off after the first knockdown but decided to let Bart continue.as he thought it would go down like a lead balloon backstage with the show piece match done and dusted inside 15 seconds.......ouch!

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Rule One said:

He even bitched about Zandig in one of his shoots but did he do anything, did he fuck. Guy is a flat track bully and nothing more. 

Zandig was adamant in his shoot interview that New Jack is a massive pussy and he was terrified during both their matches together. Zandig is usually unmentioned in wrestling hardmen and while he's not a trained fighter by any means I reckon there's probably not many who could have him in a bar fight.

Sometimes I listen to parts of Jim Cornette’s podcast if one comes up in auto play on YouTubeZ mostly match reviews and stuff. I think he can be a pretty good filter for stuff that doesn’t make sense some times. He is good at picking logic holes in stories or matches but not so good at coming up with any new ideas. If he could calm down and wasn’t such a twat, he would be a useful person for a creative booker to have on board who can make sure all the loose ends are tied up. I can’t think of any redeeming qualities for Russo though 

1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Sometimes I listen to parts of Jim Cornette’s podcast if one comes up in auto play on YouTubeZ mostly match reviews and stuff. I think he can be a pretty good filter for stuff that doesn’t make sense some times. He is good at picking logic holes in stories or matches but not so good at coming up with any new ideas. If he could calm down and wasn’t such a twat, he would be a useful person for a creative booker to have on board who can make sure all the loose ends are tied up. I can’t think of any redeeming qualities for Russo though 

I'd rather watch the booking from 2 or 3 posters on here than watch anything coming from his "creativity". He's a fucking idiot.

1 hour ago, CL Punk said:

Watching the Brawl for All episode and Vince Russo's attitude to wrestling is that he doesn't care for it, I find that puzzling as wrestling is where he has been collecting checks from various promotions over the last twenty five years.

Probably just sees it as a job. I’d have no interest in financial services if it stopped paying me to work in it 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I think he can be a pretty good filter for stuff that doesn’t make sense some times. He is good at picking logic holes in stories or matches but not so good at coming up with any new ideas. 

This is true of an awful lot of wrestling pundits, journalists and so on. Anyone can say something is/was shit after the fact, and come up with a million ways it could have been done differently when you don't have the drawback of reality fucking it up for you. When was the last time Cornette booked anything decent? He tanked ROH, and while I'm a fan of a lot of SMW stuff, can it really be considered a success? His modus operandus was recycling old Memphis angles in the modern age, and Heyman did that ten times better in ECW.

@BomberPat he was the booker of OVW when they turned out some top guys, but I don’t think that was down to him and just more luck of having them all in the same place at the same time. 

Being a good filter isn’t much of a bragging point I agree, but it’s more than Russo has to offer in 2020

• Paid Members

I don't think it takes much of a genius to turn out Lesnar, Cena, Orton and Batista. And outside Lesnar all 3 were shit when they first turned up. I've never heard any if them give Cornette any credit over the years either.

• Paid Members

yeah, Cornette (or, probably more likely, his followers) tend to give him credit for them becoming stars as if him booking the territory was equivalent to him actually training them. It's not like Cornette was the guy teaching them to work, or even the guy responsible for signing them - they were talent WWE signed, and he had to find spots for. He made Batista a sea monster in his girlfriend's goth stable, let's not forget.