Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

41 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

If he was heel and he did it to a fully grown adult then no I probably would not think he was a cunt. If it was to a kid then yes. 

Over in the UK in the 1980's when kayfabe was alive & well, you could politely approach the likes of Giant Haystacks or Fit Finlay (who were hated heels) & get an autograph. They would not tolerate rudeness or crowds, but if you approached them in a similar way to your mate Triple H, you would not get the snapped pen treatment.

Haystacks/Finlay etc were not hurting the business by breaking kayfabe. There is a time & a place. Or is it a case of Triple H being a superior heel? 

I wouldnt say hes a see you next tuesday as i dont know the man. He appears to be big into his family and no one on this forum knows his private life so to speculate on his reasons for marriage ect is absurd. I personally dont like him as a performer and given his position they is a good chance he has been a bitch to people but which top guy hasnt ? its more magnified because of him being on top for so long.

The only thing i will hold against him is the batista program. Here me out , that program was a perfect example of how to elevate and put someone over. The fact HHH did it perfectly shows he can do it, he knows the business. And the contrast with so many people he worked with and "elevated" shows he didnt want to do that on multiple occasions. 

5 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

your mate Triple H

He isn't my mate though, I don't know him at all apart from the performer on television and the man who does interviews for his company. This is why I don't have an opinion of him either way.

I tend to make my own judgement on people as I will never likely meet HHH (and if I do I will hide my best pen) I doubt I will ever for much of an opinion either way. I will however break that rule for Jamie Oliver. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

He isn't my mate though, I don't know him at all apart from the performer on television and the man who does interviews for his company. This is why I don't have an opinion of him either way.

I tend to make my own judgement on people as I will never likely meet HHH (and if I do I will hide my best pen) I doubt I will ever for much of an opinion either way. I will however break that rule for Jamie Oliver. 

You swerved my question though. Is Triple H a superior heel to the likes of 1980's Haystacks/Finlay etc or a bit of a cunt by comparison? (adult or child would get the autograph if the fan showed respect & was sensitive of the situation).

• Paid Members

There's an interesting debate to be had here if you two stop being so tedious. It's like watching England and Germany play out a 5-4 thriller in the pub with some nobber and his missus screaming at each other throughout.

I never watched Haystacks or Finlay so I am in no position to argue the point. If he did it for heel heat then it has got the required result as you were not even there and yet cite it as a reason for your hatred. 

If he did it to be a prick then yeah it is poor form but again hardly deserving of the level of hatred you seem to have for him. 

As Rick just pointed out this is going no where so let's just call it a day. 

Edited by Joe Blog
Tedious

Compare what HHH did with Cena to how Foley worked with HHH. Foley lost a street fight in Madison Square Garden, then a fucking Hell In A Cell to him interfierence free as far as I can remember. Him and Funk letting themselves have the shite beat out of them in that post Mania RAW to get the new DX over having already lost to them. Losing to him the night after Summerslam 99 to win the heavyweight title. How serious of a threat did HHH seem like til Foley went all in on him around January 2000? I know as a kid I hated the alleged cunt from his heel turn onwards but post No Way Out was when he finally felt, to me, that he had the aura of one of the guys.

• Paid Members

Came into this chat seeing a number of pages had gone by thinking that last nights New Jack episode must have been great. 

Instead it's still Lord Mount having a moan about Triple H. 

Can we do what we usually do best and move this to its own thread of chat and go back to Dark Side please? 

Anyway back to Dark Side;

New Jack is fucking crazy. The way he talks about tazing Grimes and throwing him off the balcony

"Jack I can't feel my legs" 

"Don't worry you don't need them, bombs away" 

Just now, Winston said:

The latest episode of Dark Side of the Ring featuring New Jack was downright uncomfortable to watch.

The man is an animal.

I probably won't get around to watching it until the weekend, but out of interest do they talk about the incident with Gypsy Joe at all?  Outside of Mass Transit that's always been the most uncomfortable thing for me, twatting this old geezer around the head with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire.  Stir crazy. 

3 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Came into this chat seeing a number of pages had gone by thinking that last nights New Jack episode must have been great. 

Instead it's still Lord Mount having a moan about Triple H. 

Point taken & Apologies for rattling on.

I watched the latest episode with New Jack. A proper good watch, as all the episodes are, not that i learned very much because i have followed his career & recently bought his book.

What became apparent to me was that New Jack commanded respect & if you were perhaps a rookie or a bit of a fool, things could get very nasty, very quickly. Vic Grimes got a harsh one though! Seemed like a legit attempt at murder off the back of being fearful of his own safety the year before.

More Sandman insanity too, by adding extra colour to his match to take heat off the Mass Transit incident. There is a Jerome Young out there somewhere. I saw a documentary when he was trying to get into acting & apparently his was very professional & a pleasure to be around.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Triple H & Flair were sat in a public area, having a chat. My friend said that he patiently waited at a distance, when it was apparent the they were on the move, he approached Triple H for an autograph on his programme. Triple H proceeded to snap his pen & say "Sorry i can't because your pen is broke", Flair just laughed in his face.

That's dead funny though.

• Paid Members

It's the bit about how the New Jack story ends and him wanting it to be him in a wheelchair snorting coke and you know it's not hyperbole or bullshit he really wants to be that when he reaches old age. 

I do wish they'd gone a bit further into stuff about him being a bounty hunter and such though, a bit more about his earlier life would have at least let humanised the guy a tad.