Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

1 minute ago, The Dart said:

I think next year will end up being a 2 day event now.  By doing it 2 days this year it's an easier transition to do it next year aswell.

They can get away with it this year because of no Hall of Fame or Takeover, they would either either have to move both back a day or move the former to Summerslam weekend

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

They can get away with it this year because of no Hall of Fame or Takeover, they would either either have to move both back a day or move the former to Summerslam weekend

Wasn’t Takeover scheduled for the Thursday night anyway? But yeah, they could easily do Hall of Fame, Takeover and Mania over two nights going forward. Also means the indys that run have less time to do so having lost Saturday night as well

Filming from different locations is a good sell. It's gonna be hilarious watching Cena in his jorts tumble around the fun house, it could work if it's daft enough and they use the Mr Rogers version instead of trying to get dark with The Fiend. 'Boneyard' match sounds ridiculous, guessing its a buried alive deal. They should definitely stick Becky and Baszler inside a UFC cage or Dracula's castle or whatever. I can't get over how much they've ruined those two.

39 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

In the miniest of mini-scoops, I know that the writing crew are being kept quarantined in their hotel rooms in Florida all week.

Next time you think your own isolation is tough, just imagine Broken Vince having a direct line to your room demanding rewrites for the granddaddy of them all. 

Enough to give anyone chills, that. 

3 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Has WWE explained why this year's is too big for one night? Or were they just copying wrestle kingdom. 

I don't think it was ever the plan until the COVID-19 stuff happened. 

Probably just easier on WWE to plan out, build stages for and put together the various gimmick matches they're planning. If they don't have a live audience to please, they can take their time and work around different parts of the PC, or other locations, and put together a polished Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

it's also in part because they're not running Takeover and Hall of Fame, so they have the extra nights to pad out with content - and want to monopolise viewers when there's no other sport or live events going on.

1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

Has WWE explained why this year's is too big for one night? Or were they just copying wrestle kingdom. 

It's a work, mate. 

With them owning the building, or at the very least having a lease for it, it’s provided them with the opportunity to split it over 2 nights. Next year in LA, at least as it stands right now, they’re only booked for one night. With everything else they normally put on throughout Wrestlemania Week, I just can’t see them hiring a stadium for 2 nights rather than putting on the long shows that we’ve seen the last 4 years or so.