Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

• Paid Members

92/93 wasn't it? Norwich finished third behind United and Aston Villa. Had a belting little run in the UEFA Cup the following season because of it. Won at Bayern Munich with THAT Jeremy Goss goal. Did Inter Milan knock them out in the end? My memory says they did and Dennis Bergkamp was key to it. Must have been surreal.

I've got thousands of hours of football on DVD. Anyone know a good place to share it privately and I can upload stuff?

• Paid Members

Perfect recall on everything, Rick!

Very good article on the Athletic about the UEFA Cup run, for anyone who subscribes:

https://theathletic.com/1228097/2019/10/12/norwich-uefa-cup-run/?source=shared-article‬

(I don't, despite having known Mike Bailey personally for about 15 years now, but it was free to read for a couple of days last week...)

Less remembered for obvious reasons, but I'll always maintain this Goss goal vs Leeds was far superior to the Bayern one:

Should probably stop derailing the Wrestlemania thread so badly, now...

Will be interested to see where WWE go with this, I think its a good idea (if safe to do so) to put the event on, there is practically no other sports or events so you would think all eyes could be on this. They might even charge a bit less for PPV or show on free TV if they get paid the right money. Could mean more eyes on the product? New fans?

Interesting times. 

So it looks like the split will be:

Saturday (April 4th):

* WWE Championship Match: Drew McIntyre vs. Brock Lesnar

* NXT Women’s Championship Match: Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley

* The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles

* Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins

Sunday (April 5th):
* WWE Universal Championship Match: Roman Reigns vs. Bill Goldberg
* RAW Women’s Championship Match: Shayna Baszler vs. Becky Lynch
* John Cena vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt

I can't say I'm that excited by it - but at least in two sittings it may be more manageable to watch.

In all honesty, I'm probably not that bothered about Mania now being like this simply because I wasn't that excited about it in the first place.

There's nothing on the card that I'm looking at and feeling like I'm really missing out on something by it now being under these weird circumstances.

The most exciting thing for me will be the social media reaction to Baszler winning. Can't wait for that meltdown.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I said to myself after last years show that I was going to watch Future manias over 2 sittings, so I’m pretty happy with this. The plan was just set an alarm for 2hrs30 and then stop, if a match was in progress I’d have watched to then end of that (unless it had just started)

Last year I watched live till the end of Kingston-Bryan. That was a really solid three-hour pay-per-view.

5 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

92/93 wasn't it? Norwich finished third behind United and Aston Villa. Had a belting little run in the UEFA Cup the following season because of it. Won at Bayern Munich with THAT Jeremy Goss goal. Did Inter Milan knock them out in the end? My memory says they did and Dennis Bergkamp was key to it. Must have been surreal.

I've got thousands of hours of football on DVD. Anyone know a good place to share it privately and I can upload stuff?

If you have full matches, try footballia.net. Now, let's all stop this before Mike Dean Chest starts no-look red carding people.

• Paid Members

I wasn't arsed about watching Wrestlemania this year but I'm actually intrigued by this year's because of the circumstances and location, so I'll definitely WatchWrestling it.

• Paid Members

Just a thought I had whilst out running just now - does Lesnar still reside in Canada? Reckon he'll be able to get over the border in a couple of weeks?

Or maybe that's what Meltz means about multiple locations - maybe they've already got Drew holed up in Canada ahead of a title match at the Lesnar Compound!

• Paid Members

Bill Mania as a "Just knocking about Classic" where everything is at various places. You could have

-House of Horrors match

-Hardy Compound match

-King of the Road match

-Car park fight with Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman, settling that score for some reason.

-Empty arena match.

-Hollywood Backlot Brawl

Just have loads of different shit filmed all over the place.