Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

• Paid Members

They should also bring back the 2004 theme which is among the best pieces of music they've ever done. Fits the event absolutely perfectly  

https://youtu.be/Kq4Rzza_vS4 

Edit: Not sure how to get the video to show up here, sorry. 

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The 'fans' at the event are the worst things about it. Booing John Cena being the lowest moment.

Or booing Bob Backlund's inductor Maria Menounos who's a longer term and more knowlegable fan than the majority of the the noisy mutants who booed her. 

• Paid Members

Fans shouldn't be near the HoF event. Do you get that in any other industry (hall of fame events, awards nights etc)? It's just industry members/affiliates surely. But Vince sees the commercial value in it now so I doubt will go back to how it was.

27 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Fans shouldn't be near the HoF event. Do you get that in any other industry (hall of fame events, awards nights etc)? It's just industry members/affiliates surely. But Vince sees the commercial value in it now so I doubt will go back to how it was.

It’s the KISS (more specifically the Gene Simmons) Philosophy. If people are willing to pay to watch KISS do a sound check then trim the marks for as much as you can.  Same applies here with those who want to hear folks name drop their peers and go “remember him/that? That was good wasn’t it?”

Edited by WyattSheepMask

36 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I know my boss paid for a table at the SPOTY when it was in Liverpool and he has no affiliation to any sport or sportsman.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

It also gives the retired boys and girls one last big pop, fans chanting for them etc.

But it would be a much better watch without letting fans in. 

In defence of the fans being there, I was sat next to a guy in his eighties and got chatting to him between inductions. The HoF was the only bit of Mania week he went to, despite living within sight of the MetLife. He just wanted to hear the old names that he'd watched in the Garden as a kid, he'd seen Sammartino live and wanted to remember the wrestlers he'd forgotten over time. 

5 hours ago, Factotum said:

The 'fans' at the event are the worst things about it. Booing John Cena being the lowest moment.

They've done this at a few HOFs now, so not sure which one you're referrring to. I was at the 2017 one and a lot of them ripped into Cena as he gave a classy induction speech for Kurt Angle. The fans really pissed me off generally over the night. It was my first Mania, so I dressed all nice for the HOF, treating it like a somewhat formal event. Two guys behind me were an absolute embarrassment, to the point I really hoped people didn't think I was associated with them. They reeked of booze and constantly shouted obscene things, especially at the former Divas walking past us like Candice Michelle and Christy Hemme. Would have been a bit much for an Attitude Era Raw, let alone the Hall of Fame. Absolute tossers.

1 hour ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

They've done this at a few HOFs now, so not sure which one you're referrring to. I was at the 2017 one and a lot of them ripped into Cena as he gave a classy induction speech for Kurt Angle. The fans really pissed me off generally over the night. It was my first Mania, so I dressed all nice for the HOF, treating it like a somewhat formal event. Two guys behind me were an absolute embarrassment, to the point I really hoped people didn't think I was associated with them. They reeked of booze and constantly shouted obscene things, especially at the former Divas walking past us like Candice Michelle and Christy Hemme. Would have been a bit much for an Attitude Era Raw, let alone the Hall of Fame. Absolute tossers.

I was there too, wasn't there some bitch fight in one of the upper tiers during the disabled lad's speech (Eric LeGrand I think his name was) or am I making that up?

2 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

I was there too, wasn't there some bitch fight in one of the upper tiers during the disabled lad's speech (Eric LeGrand I think his name was) or am I making that up?

Not sure, I was first row on the bottom tier. Funnily enough, I had a better/closer seat to the stage than some of the WWE staff, like Corey Graves and Tom Phillips. I remember a fuckload of people- fans and wrestlers- taking a piss break during LeGrand's speech. I couldn't hear the poor bloke anyway, he was using a mic attached to his wheelchair instead of a normal mic.