Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

I believe if ‘it can be leaked, it will be leaked’. Wouldn’t surprise me also if results are online soon.

I don’t think most leaks for the bookies/ dirt sheets come from only people ‘inside’. 

For example:

- The new champs probably get new side plates. These could be ordered in advance. These are made by third parties. If they suddenly got a huge order to produce 5000 Drew McIntyre side plates, this could mean something... Why would they get an order for Lacey Evans sideplates?

- Why would Ronda Rousey suddenly order new gear? Her gear designer might tell her sister, who tells her husband. He tells his buddies. Fast enough you have a Corona domino effect.

And you suddenly see betting odds shift and rumors coming up for a Rousey return...

- Etc. 

Or I might have seen to much Hollywood movies. 

Edited by LWOLeN

• Paid Members

So you've got to think that with taping in advance they are planning on a reasonable amount of post-production - and I don't just mean doing 5 takes to get a decent looking Jackhammer, editing out the breaks they need to give Taker to get his wind back between spots etc.

So what do we reckon they are going for? Movie fight style production with extreme close-ups, incidental music etc (like the Hardy Compound stuff but less whacky)?

Or green screen it up and try to stick in a fuck off massive fake stadium/crowd, appropriate (Vince approved) reaction noise etc?

"We make movies."

What do we reckon is happening post Wrestlemania? I know it's the mental wrestling but surely they're not off to fucking Backlash or whatever after this?

The only sane thing they can do by my estimation is send people home and fill their telly shows with network content and character work/promos filmed by wrestlers at home. I can imagine that being a pretty great watch actually. Or do people think we're actually going to get eerily shit contract signings for the foreseeable future? I just can't put anything past Vince.

Apologies if this has been previously discussed, but 21 pages innit.

• Paid Members
On 3/19/2020 at 8:35 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Bill Mania as a "Just knocking about Classic" where everything is at various places. You could have

-House of Horrors match

-Hardy Compound match

-King of the Road match

-Car park fight with Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman, settling that score for some reason.

-Empty arena match.

-Hollywood Backlot Brawl

Just have loads of different shit filmed all over the place.

Seriously, this is a brilliant way to go. It's mad that they haven't gone down this route. Surely the only reason they don't do shit like this more often is because there are no fans. Well as there are no fans then go for it! It can't be worse than match after match with no fucker in the crowd. Fans can make or break a match with their reactions.

The examples Ian provided are all, in their own way, entertaining. Watching regular matches to crickets in an empty tiny venue is not going to be entertaining. They have a huge opportunity here to do something different without repercussions. 

55 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

What do we reckon is happening post Wrestlemania? I know it's the mental wrestling but surely they're not off to fucking Backlash or whatever after this?

The only sane thing they can do by my estimation is send people home and fill their telly shows with network content and character work/promos filmed by wrestlers at home. I can imagine that being a pretty great watch actually. Or do people think we're actually going to get eerily shit contract signings for the foreseeable future? I just can't put anything past Vince.

Apologies if this has been previously discussed, but 21 pages innit.

Baron Coronavirus interferes in every match, coughing and sneezing on the whole roster, forcing an effective shutdown.

They’ve started adding a bunch of lower card matches to the show. Aleister Black vs Bobby Lashley! It’s a bit reminiscent of the old days, like when WrestleMania 8 had Owen Hart vs Skinner for no reason. It makes me think both nights are going to have loads of pointless stuff you’d see on a Raw or SmackDown episode. I don’t really get why. Of all years, this should be the one where they don’t feel the need to get everyone on the card. They’ve already got a good 7 matches for each night just based on the existing feuds, I don’t see the point of doing more than that.

Fucking Elias v Corbin now? That sounds unwatchable in front of 100k people. This curiosity watch I was weighing up is getting less and less likely. Think I'll just be checking out the part timers - the idea of Taker, Brock and Goldberg putting lads over in the performance center is fucking hilarious, and I'm sure Cena/Fiend will come up with something interesting. All the full-timer's matches have no appeal whatsoever.