Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

On 3/24/2020 at 11:54 AM, Hannibal Scorch said:

Wasn’t Takeover scheduled for the Thursday night anyway? But yeah, they could easily do Hall of Fame, Takeover and Mania over two nights going forward. Also means the indys that run have less time to do so having lost Saturday night as well

Pre-Covid, the WrestleMania week schedule was:

Thursday - Hall of Fame

Friday - Smackdown

Saturday - NXT Takeover

Sunday - WrestleMania

Monday - Raw 

So I’m not sure how easily they could make WrestleMania two nights, without losing/changing the time slot of either Takeover or Hall of Fame.

Doubling the ticket price for WrestleMania is a massive gamble as well. Currently, because of the lightning setup blocking the corners, it’s about $300-400 minimum for a seat with a decent view. So that’s $600-800 for two events, which means people would be paying $500 or more to look at a pillar and a bit of the ring both nights.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Pre-Covid, the WrestleMania week schedule was:

Thursday - Hall of Fame

Friday - Smackdown

Saturday - NXT Takeover

Sunday - WrestleMania

Monday - Raw 

So I’m not sure how easily they could make WrestleMania two nights, without losing/changing the time slot of either Takeover or Hall of Fame.

I don't know how much longer they can get away with doing the Hall of Fame like they have been, no one seems to enjoy it, just hours of droning speeches from wrestlers of decreasing star power in a massive bored arena. Cutting it down and incorporating it as part of a two day mania would probably be the best thing for it.

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

With them owning the building, or at the very least having a lease for it, it’s provided them with the opportunity to split it over 2 nights. Next year in LA, at least as it stands right now, they’re only booked for one night. With everything else they normally put on throughout Wrestlemania Week, I just can’t see them hiring a stadium for 2 nights rather than putting on the long shows that we’ve seen the last 4 years or so.

Next year the stadium event will be night one, building to night two in the Performance Center. My money's on a two-night tournament.

3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Doubling the ticket price for WrestleMania is a massive gamble as well

I dunno if it’s that much of a gamble, the fans that go save all year for it and a lot drop a load of money anyway on flights/accommodation. They could probably expect slightly lower numbers but those fans would pay for two nights.

If NXT is established properly as a third brand they might even just be incorporated into the main show, removing that weekend’s Takeover and replacing it with Mania night one.

28 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

If NXT is established properly as a third brand they might even just be incorporated into the main show, removing that weekend’s Takeover and replacing it with Mania night one.

That won’t go down well with the people who like every Takeover and hate every WrestleMania.

10 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I don't know how much longer they can get away with doing the Hall of Fame like they have been, no one seems to enjoy it, just hours of droning speeches from wrestlers of decreasing star power in a massive bored arena. Cutting it down and incorporating it as part of a two day mania would probably be the best thing for it.

I went to last years at the Barclays Center and enjoyed it. The speeches were good (DX were great live) and even without the nobhead attacking Bret, it was better in-person than it comes across on TV. 

• Paid Members

(posted at the risk of this being a repeat yet again) The may of Orlando has ordered that the whole city is on lockdown as of Thursday, and if this article from WrestlingRumors is accurate then WM is indeed being pretaped in its entirety- part one last night, part two tonight before closure.

Edited by seph

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Grecian said:

I went to last years at the Barclays Center and enjoyed it. The speeches were good (DX were great live) and even without the nobhead attacking Bret, it was better in-person than it comes across on TV. 

The Hall of Fame should go back to the infinitely superior 2004 model. More like a sportsman's dinner with a small crowd, friends, family and talent. 

1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

The Hall of Fame should go back to the infinitely superior 2004 model. More like a sportsman's dinner with a small crowd, friends, family and talent. 

It was a small crowd last year, but not by design. I got my ticket for about a third of the face value, which tells you everything! 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

With someone like Frank Bough or Ron 'Chopper' Harris as compere.