Jump to content

Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay


Sonny Mustang
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members

My enthusiasm for a soul-less, creepy, haunting, empty-arena Wrestlemania remains at zero, but still. This is some good shit. 

If they don’t air this footage on Raw this week they’ve lost their minds even more than they already have even running this show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It really doesn't feel like Mania season at all, does it? Every year since about 1990, I've been hugely excited, watching all the previous Mania on VHS or DVD, fantasy booking results and post Mania season, the big debut on the Raw After Mania... 

This year, nothing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think its necessarily Vince struggling under pressure as much as his philosophy has always been "the show goes on." Performer dies live on PPV, performer kills his wife and child and himself, 9/11, performer has a heart attack on live tv, you keep going. 

I'm just sad we won't get to see how far they were going to go with the pirate theme. I was imagining a giant pirate ship for the entrance, animatronic parrots, cannons on the stage sputing fireworks. Gutted we won't get to see that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members

Stick that video at the end of Raw and it’s easily the best Wrestlemania go-home segment in forever. The story of the last few years has been people like BT Sports and AEW doing WWE way better than WWE.

Imagine if every Raw and Smackdown since it all kicked off had just been highlights, phone-recorded promos, video packages and vignettes like that one? I’d have been a million times more excited for Wrestlemania. They should’ve saved the empty arena concept for Wrestlemania rather than do weeks of showing how lifeless and shit it is. I can’t fathom anyone watching these shows on Monday and Friday being excited for the PPV.

I’ve no idea whether these rumours about The Miz showing up sick at one of these tapings are true, but would anyone be surprised? He seems exactly the type of snivelling, brown-nosing jobsworth you’d expect to put company and his standing in it ahead of the health of him and his colleagues. He came to play, there was a price to pay, time for you to get down on your knees and pray. He came to play.

Edited by Supremo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vamp said:

I don't think its necessarily Vince struggling under pressure as much as his philosophy has always been "the show goes on." Performer dies live on PPV, performer kills his wife and child and himself, 9/11, performer has a heart attack on live tv, you keep going. 

I'm just sad we won't get to see how far they were going to go with the pirate theme. I was imagining a giant pirate ship for the entrance, animatronic parrots, cannons on the stage sputing fireworks. Gutted we won't get to see that. 

I don't think its as much of 'the show must go on' as 'get this show over with'. The only other option was to postpone til it can be held properly, but that's likely to be at least 6 months o so away if ever, due to having to rebook a stadium once you know you can GUARANTEE it'll go ahead, sell tickets etc. I think its much better to just get the 'event' done in any way possible and forget about it and move on once things get back to normal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Van Dammer said:

I don't think its as much of 'the show must go on' as 'get this show over with'. The only other option was to postpone til it can be held properly

Not really.

1 hour ago, Grecian said:

It really doesn't feel like Mania season at all, does it? Every year since about 1990, I've been hugely excited, watching all the previous Mania on VHS or DVD, fantasy booking results and post Mania season, the big debut on the Raw After Mania... 

This year, nothing. 

There's probably a good reason for that though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...