Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

I don't think its necessarily Vince struggling under pressure as much as his philosophy has always been "the show goes on." Performer dies live on PPV, performer kills his wife and child and himself, 9/11, performer has a heart attack on live tv, you keep going. 

I'm just sad we won't get to see how far they were going to go with the pirate theme. I was imagining a giant pirate ship for the entrance, animatronic parrots, cannons on the stage sputing fireworks. Gutted we won't get to see that. 

• Paid Members

Stick that video at the end of Raw and it’s easily the best Wrestlemania go-home segment in forever. The story of the last few years has been people like BT Sports and AEW doing WWE way better than WWE.

Imagine if every Raw and Smackdown since it all kicked off had just been highlights, phone-recorded promos, video packages and vignettes like that one? I’d have been a million times more excited for Wrestlemania. They should’ve saved the empty arena concept for Wrestlemania rather than do weeks of showing how lifeless and shit it is. I can’t fathom anyone watching these shows on Monday and Friday being excited for the PPV.

I’ve no idea whether these rumours about The Miz showing up sick at one of these tapings are true, but would anyone be surprised? He seems exactly the type of snivelling, brown-nosing jobsworth you’d expect to put company and his standing in it ahead of the health of him and his colleagues. He came to play, there was a price to pay, time for you to get down on your knees and pray. He came to play.

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, Vamp said:

I don't think its necessarily Vince struggling under pressure as much as his philosophy has always been "the show goes on." Performer dies live on PPV, performer kills his wife and child and himself, 9/11, performer has a heart attack on live tv, you keep going. 

I'm just sad we won't get to see how far they were going to go with the pirate theme. I was imagining a giant pirate ship for the entrance, animatronic parrots, cannons on the stage sputing fireworks. Gutted we won't get to see that. 

I don't think its as much of 'the show must go on' as 'get this show over with'. The only other option was to postpone til it can be held properly, but that's likely to be at least 6 months o so away if ever, due to having to rebook a stadium once you know you can GUARANTEE it'll go ahead, sell tickets etc. I think its much better to just get the 'event' done in any way possible and forget about it and move on once things get back to normal.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Van Dammer said:

I don't think its as much of 'the show must go on' as 'get this show over with'. The only other option was to postpone til it can be held properly

Not really.

1 hour ago, Grecian said:

It really doesn't feel like Mania season at all, does it? Every year since about 1990, I've been hugely excited, watching all the previous Mania on VHS or DVD, fantasy booking results and post Mania season, the big debut on the Raw After Mania... 

This year, nothing. 

There's probably a good reason for that though.

Miz shows up after the taping on Hawkins & Ryders podcast as he goes to Ryders house and doesn’t sound at all ill. Might have been detected on him after the recordings 

I hope Drew and Brock go all out in a full on Empty Arena style brawl. The only thing that can save this and turn it into a classic is if we get them going all out e.g. Funk/Lawler.

Bar that, I don't give two shits about Mania. Pointless its even happening.

Man, that Drew promo video is great - if only they'd persuaded Sean Connery to reprise his role for the really authentic experience.  But he doesn't leave the golf course for anyone nowadays.