2019 Daisy-Pushing Thread

Gus Mears

David Berman, of Silver Jews and most recently Purple Mountains, has passed away at age 52. 

That Purple Mountains records is one of the best of the year and I would encourage everyone to listen to it.

Having read some interviews with him recently it was clear that he had been in a really dark place but was getting better. 

Sad news. 

• Paid Members

I haven't had chance to listen to the Purple Mountains album yet, though the first track released was as good as he's ever been. Silver Jews were incredible, and Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea is one of my all-time favourite records. Very sad news.

• Paid Members
On 7/17/2019 at 8:10 PM, Keith Houchen said:

First time I heard his music was on Cable Jukebox back in the 80s!  Learned quite a bit from Johnny.

Aw that's a shame. Just read this. Johnny Clegg and Savuka provided a few songs for the cracking "Rainman" soundtrack in the late 80s. Mixture of Hans Zimmer and Clegg on there.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Miriam Rivera has died at the age of 38. Thoughts with @Scott Malbranque at this difficult time.

Years Stavo, for years I have tortured myself and been conflicted over that remarkable specimen. Actually really saddened to read that. Genuinely am

Mates were texting about this too, and I got tagged on Facebook. Bizarre that to a few people, I'm synonymous with the lass.

image.png.efb6996949f3125824db13b9f1265ec2.png

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

Oh. I wondered who it was about. I kind of remember the show. Saw some clips on YouTube of her "outing" herself at the end of the series. Get husband reckons it was under suspicious circumstances, and if they've held off on announcing her passing for the better part of 6 months it looks like there may be something afoot.

Jeffrey Epstein has killed himself, my natural reaction was good riddance but he could have been key to getting so many more high profile offenders named and put away.

Of course every single Twitter reply to the news is that he's been killed to shut him up etc.

Edited by Merzbow