2019 Daisy-Pushing Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Was absolutely certain he died about 10 years ago. 

That was actually my first instinct when I saw it posted, had to double check that it wasn't someone sharing an old article. Some full-on Mandela Effect shit going on.

Either that or actual voodoo.

Still, between Dr John and Roky Erikson, it feels like we're losing the last of the "wild men" of rock music, the people who aren't quite into the realms of outsider music, but are sufficiently out there enough for their music to have a kind of edge to it that you don't really get any more. The type of people you'd believe almost any story about.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Bushwick Bill of The Geto Boys died. He was 52, from pancreatic cancer. That’s fucking shit, as was the death of Justin Edinburgh yesterday.

What a crap weekend

Been an update that he’s still alive - publicist of his said the information going round is wrong and he’s still fighting cancer now hospital 

• Paid Members

This is probably a touch esoteric, but Tony Berry the long time lead singer from lancastrian folk band the Houghton Weavers passed away at the age of 69 yesterday. 

While the first "gig" I ever went to was Garbage in 1998 I have recollections of my mum and my gran taking me along to see the Houghton Weavers at King George's Hall in the late 80s and early 90s. They had a TV show called Sit Thi Deawn on BBC1 briefly. 

• Paid Members

Aww man, Philippe Zdar - one half of French dance music duo Cassius - died after falling from a 19 story building.

Cassius (along with Daft Punk) were my gateway into the wonderful world of French electronic music in the late 90s and they were still putting out good music this year. Ed Banger Records have lost another good one.

RIP Zdar

• Paid Members

Wow. Cassius were so underrated. 1999 is a great album. This is a sad loss.

• Paid Members

Also mixed Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix for Phoenix as well as stuff for other artists. 1999 is a great track. I recently saw a DC Deadman action figure in B&M and almost bought him because I loved those videos with him in. What a shame. New album is due out tomorrow as well.