Sign in to follow this  
Gus Mears

2019 Daisy-Pushing Thread

First time I heard his music was on Cable Jukebox back in the 80s!  Learned quite a bit from Johnny.

Oh shit.  Loved him.  Even in his shitty films he was excellent.

Blind Fury's one of my favourites. Just a load of fun.

Oh, shit. I just realised I posted about Roy Batty's death in Blade Runner in the "Best Death Scene" thread. Spooky.

4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Blind Fury's one of my favourites. Just a load of fun.

'Good dog' 

Split Second, Salute of the Jugger and The Hitcher were my go to films as a teenager.

Split Second was one of my most watched VHS when I was a teenager.  We're gonna need big guns!

He was also ace in the film version of Fatherland, where he actually played a regular person for a change.  He had some real acting chops.

Gutted.

Wedlock, Nighthawks, Ladyhawke and Arctic Blue were all really fun films too. He made a bunch of enjoyable stuff and it's easy to forget he had a critically acclaimed career back home before he went to Hollywood. Might watch Wedlock tonight actually, it's been years.

2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Russi Taylor, voice of Martin, Sherri, Terri and many others on The Simpsons, as well as Minnie Mouse, has died aged 75.

She’s been Minnie’s voice for about 30 years. She even married the actor who voiced Mickey until his death. Never connected her name with the Simpsons. A real shame

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/07/27/the-simpsons-might-retire-martin-character-after-actress-russi-taylor-death/

Edited by Hannibal Scorch