2019 Daisy-Pushing Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Blind Fury's one of my favourites. Just a load of fun.

Oh, shit. I just realised I posted about Roy Batty's death in Blade Runner in the "Best Death Scene" thread. Spooky.

Split Second was one of my most watched VHS when I was a teenager.  We're gonna need big guns!

He was also ace in the film version of Fatherland, where he actually played a regular person for a change.  He had some real acting chops.

Gutted.

• Paid Members

Wedlock, Nighthawks, Ladyhawke and Arctic Blue were all really fun films too. He made a bunch of enjoyable stuff and it's easy to forget he had a critically acclaimed career back home before he went to Hollywood. Might watch Wedlock tonight actually, it's been years.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Russi Taylor, voice of Martin, Sherri, Terri and many others on The Simpsons, as well as Minnie Mouse, has died aged 75.

She’s been Minnie’s voice for about 30 years. She even married the actor who voiced Mickey until his death. Never connected her name with the Simpsons. A real shame

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/07/27/the-simpsons-might-retire-martin-character-after-actress-russi-taylor-death/

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

She’s been Minnie’s voice for about 30 years. She even married the actor who voiced Mickey until his death. Never connected her name with the Simpsons. A real shame

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/07/27/the-simpsons-might-retire-martin-character-after-actress-russi-taylor-death/

Minnie Mouse's voice is going to be some big shoes to fill.

The makers of The Simpsons would be screwed if anything happened to, say, Harry Shearer or Hank Azaria, Heck they were almost cancelling the show when Harry Shearer was reluctant to re-sign a few years ago weren't they?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Minnie Mouse's voice is going to be some big shoes to fill.

The makers of The Simpsons would be screwed if anything happened to, say, Harry Shearer or Hank Azaria, Heck they were almost cancelling the show when Harry Shearer was reluctant to re-sign a few years ago weren't they?

Harry Shearer also wouldn’t sign off on the ride so his characters are visible but silent.