2019 Daisy-Pushing Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Bonet is perhaps best known for her sex scene with Mickey Rourke, when she was 19 years old.

And I thought that scene in Angel Heart was fudged up even without that in mind.

• Paid Members

It's a cracking song. It was one of the many songs we covered in the punk band I was in when I dropped out of Uni. We actually did it quite well, given that we'd usually only rehearse for about a week  before any gig.

• Paid Members

I went to one of the Cream reunion concerts in 2005 at the Albert Hall. I went the first night as knowing Ginger he might have fallen out with the Jack and Eric and there might not have been any more nights.

The transformation in him over the course of the gig was amazing. To go from him virtually shuffling onto the stage looking like an old man at the beginning to jumping over the drum kit at the end was spectacular. One of the greatest drummers of all time, and definitely the most argumentative, considering his life long battle with addiction 80 is a great innings. 

What an amazing drummer Ginger Baker was, one of the pioneers of the double bass kick drum for rock music.

His documentary from a few years ago is a good watch. Such a cantankerous old fucker, you can see why his time in bands was always short-lived.