Sign in to follow this  
Gus Mears

2019 Daisy-Pushing Thread

New Year, new deaths to talk about. As mentioned in the 2018 thread, Bob Einstein gone at 76. 

Edited by Gus Mears

48 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

Bob Einstein, Marty Funkhouser from Curb Your Enthusiasm, has died.

Shit start to 2019.

44 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

That’s sad news.  Used to love him as Super Dave too.

42 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Oh man, Super Dave is one of my favourite people. One of those guys who pops up in things and he immediately makes them better. And that includes Arrested Development and Curb, which takes some doing enhancing those already high standards.

His appearance on Norm's podcast really got that shows ball rolling, too.

17 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Wow, Super Dave and Mean Gene in one day, that's a massive kick in the groin. Super Dave was just funny from his bones out. 

Super Dave is just one of those blokes that is pure comedy, in that he's always about the laughs. I've watched him do a few Curb panel thingys and he usually always saves them from becoming dull "aren't we great" pats on the back.

14 hours ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Love Captain & Tennille - was strangely shocking when they got divorced a few years ago.

I thought love would keep them together to be honest

8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

What the fuck? I didn't even know she was ill.  That's a real shock.

Hardly anyone did bar her family, not to speculate but speaking to my mum about it this morning, she reckons it could have been breast cancer based on the centre she passed at, which is known for treating people with that form of the disease

15 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Hardly anyone did bar her family, not to speculate but speaking to my mum about it this morning, she reckons it could have been breast cancer based on the centre she passed at, which is known for treating people with that form of the disease

Yeah, The Christie.  Seeing them all on North West Tonight was pretty difficult.  Tiffin barely kept it together.

I hear Gordon Burns was in bits over it. I was shocked when I saw the news. I remember her and Rod McKenzie as Simon Mayo's weather and news people when he was on the Radio One breakfast show.

It was the lower part of her stomach. She’d been experiencing pain for a few weeks and when they opened her up to look they found lots of cancer. She never really came to again. It all happened very fast.