2019 Daisy-Pushing Thread

Gus Mears

Oof, that's horrible.   Feels like I've been listening to him for half my life - my parents had some tapes of his radio show back in the early 90s.  Really funny, genuine guy.

• Paid Members

Really sad news. Jeremy Hardy was one of the first comedians I ever saw live. My mum took me to see him in Chester when I was about 15, he was hugely respected & one of the acts nobody ever had a bad word about.

• Paid Members

Love Jeremy Hardy. A real man of principle, and hilarious with it. 

He is, along with the Tiger Lillies, one of only two acts I've seen cause a mass walk-out at Jersey Opera House, after a couple of anti-monarchy and anti-military gags. 

30 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

He is, along with the Tiger Lillies, one of only two acts I've seen cause a mass walk-out at Jersey Opera House, after a couple of anti-monarchy and anti-military gags. 

Love the Lillies, me!

Jeremy Hardy was a wonderful man. I remember at one gig he was telling the story of when he was doing an anti racism benefit gig and on after him was a former NF member giving a speech. When the guy was introduced he got a massive ovation for renouncing his old ways and it dawned on Jeremy that this guy got a rapturous reception for not beating up blacks any more. 

“Hang on, he’s getting the biggest cheer of the night for stopping being racist. I’ve never hit anyone and I didn’t get that applause, maybe I should have”

Had me in bits. 

• Paid Members

That's brilliant. I can't decide whether he's actually being an arse or just having a joke and it's not conveyed well in print form..