2019 Daisy-Pushing Thread

Gus Mears

38 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

I thought Michael Crawford had pegged it for a minute there, you mean It Ain't Half Hot Mum surely?

Fucking hell, I do.  Fuck knows what I was doing there!!  And don't call me surely.

• Paid Members

Can’t believe both of the stars of Some Like It Hot have passed away now.

EDIT - just remembered why I was talking about Windsor Davies the other day. My mum responded  to something with “oh dear. How sad. Going to bed,” and then claimed to have no memory of the catchphrase she was paraphrasing.

Edited by Sergio Mendacious

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Windsor Davies, best known for his role as Sgt Major Zero in Terrahawks, has passed away at the age of 88

image.png

Probably least known for that to be fair. Anyway, massive fan of his. Grand Slam is one of my favourite films. RIP, lovely boy.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Also while it's gets pelters for being "Oooooh crikey the vicar is coming for tea" MOR typical ITV stuff I really like Never The Twain mainly due to the two cracking leads

I have really vague recollections of it as my gran watched it but I was only a nipper at the time. I want to try and find it online. I imagine it'll be on Dailymotion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
8 hours ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Some sort of cruel rumor that Dick Miller has passed away. Clearly impossible. If so, a spectacular innings for everyone's favorite character actor.

Joe Dante has confirmed it on Twitter. :( 

The ultimate bit part guy and lucky charm for the Corman clan.

RIP Murray Futterman (I'm gonna have a mini Joe Dante marathon.)

• Awards Moderator
13 minutes ago, Grecian said:

Jeremy Hardy, comedian who'd been on QI, Mock the Week amongst many others has died of cancer.

Oh fucking hell that's awful. Such an insightful and funny man. 

Fuck QI and Mock the Week, Radio 4 should play nothing but his shows. He's probably responsible for more of their content than anyone else. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Grecian said:

Jeremy Hardy, comedian who'd been on QI, Mock the Week amongst many others has died of cancer.

That's a shock. I liked him, particularly on I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue and as the Laird on You'll Have Had Your Tea.

RIP. 57's no age.