All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Nah, they need to do absolutely fuck all that TNA ever did.

Wrong. TNA have at least run shows so far.

So, I know my over exuberance for AEW was rubbing people up the wrong way and I deliberately wound it down over the last month, but as we get closer to Double or Nothing, more and more is falling into place that really makes me believe that this will be successful - and all wrestling fans benefit if it does.

2 hours live on TNT (if true) is huge due to those who fondly remember Nitro and is a massive platform for the product, and HBO production will quell concerns that production values won't be up to scratch without ROH support. Meanwhile, they continue to build out a roster that certainly can't be accused of re-hashing old WWE ground - but they will have to work hard to build mainstream fan interest in most of these characters who have had very little exposure before.

Roster as it stands today:

Men

• Cody Rhodes
  • Matt Jackson
  • Nick Jackson
  • Kenny Omega
  • Adam ‘Hangman’ Page
  • Chris Jericho
  • PAC
  • Joey Janela
  • MJF
  • Christopher Daniels
  • Frankie Kazarian
  • Scorpio Sky
  • Takehiro Yamamura.
  • CIMA
  • T-Hawk
  • El-Lindamen
  • Jungle Boy
  • Jimmy Havoc
  • Pentagon
  • Rey Fenix
  • Sonny Kiss
  • Sammy Guevara
  • Trent Beretta
  • Chuck Taylor
  • Darby Allin

Women

• Brandi Rhodes
  • Britt Baker.
  • Penelope Ford
  • Kylie Rae
  • Nyla Rose
  • Bea Priestley
  • Sadie Gibb
  • Allie
  • Hikaru Shida
  • Yuka Sakazaki 
  • Aja Kong 

With the signing of Darby Allin, it's a reasonable assumption that Priscilla Kelly will also be added to the women's division. We all expect Marty Scurll to be added. Perhaps the former Dean Ambrose and Joey Ryan also.

Aja Kong and Yuka Sakazaki are only coming in for that one show, they’re not part of the roster, Bea Priestly for the show after that too.

Infact more then half of that men’s roster isn’t exclusive either, Cody, The Bucks and Hangman Page are their only full time members.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

They need some big lads on that roster of theirs. I like how they've clearly gone for a nice variety in terms of styles and companies, but that's one area of the roster severely lacking at the moment. Can't have every match be a 15 minute spot-fest with everybody under 6 foot.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Does it count if they struggled to get any fans through the doors most the time? 

Well, they at least put on an event that people could see.

I'm just being glib, anyway. I know AEW have an event on the way.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Scorpio Sky and 1998 WCW fodder CIMA are still a thing? Looking forward to Slyk Wagner Brown signing a deal.

CIMA was class when I saw him last year, he's definitely grown into a fun veteran role. Though him being there is more about him training the Chinese lads.

But they will never be a threat to WWE. No one ever will. They ARE wrestling to too many people.

They don't need to be and shouldn't even try to be. They can carve out a great niche on their own. These days you can run a successful wrestling promotion without trying to take on WWE. There's more than enough room for a second strong company in the market.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

They need some big lads on that roster of theirs. I like how they've clearly gone for a nice variety in terms of styles and companies, but that's one area of the roster severely lacking at the moment. Can't have every match be a 15 minute spot-fest with everybody under 6 foot.

You clearly missed Chuck Taylor and Trent Beretta when skimming that list.