All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

28 minutes ago, Mr Kennedy said:

So no different to what they’ll be doing next month then?

Nah, say what you want about Cody, and I find him incredibly dull most of the time, but he seems to know how to book himself. The simple fact that he pulled a compelling build and indeed a decent match out of Aldis is indicative enough that this should be decent.

He'll have time, short cuts and Dustin to smooth everything over. 

Didn't their WWE match end in a fuck finish and then they jettisoned the feud altogether?

2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

do wonder how that kind of match will go down in front of the All Elite crowd. That Meltzer ***** City.

If the crowd are anything like All In it should be decent. I thought the All In crowd were a pleasant surprise to be honest. Much less in it to get themselves over than most NXT or indeed British Indy crowds.

• Paid Members

There has certainly been a proportion of Twitter reaction along the lines of it being an "awful WWE style match stuck in the middle of IndyMania".

One commenter asked "when was the last time Dustin contributed anything towards an even passable match?" Um, almost certainly the last time he stepped in the ring. Cos he's fucking great.

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I never had issue with the things he said until just before Mania he was adamant the winner of the main event would not get both belts.
Even after it was announced 'winner take all' he was still saying 'Boy, people are gonna be really pissed when it's not!' and that the winner would not get both titles, just the title of the person they beat.
Mania happens. Becky wins both belts. Dave 'Hey, plans change'
No, you were wrong. Just admit it. It's okay. 

What a lot of people don’t seem to understand about Dave, is that he’s just a middle man. Every scoop he comes out with is just what a third party (parties) wants to tell him for their own reasons. He can ask a few people to verify, but at the end of the day he is pretty much never, ever there when any discussions or decisions are made and relies entirely on what other people tell him. Then what he does with that is up to him. 

If in the realms of doing something different, Cody’s “division” is the emotional story told division, then I’m happy to see that in AEW. For all the shouts for an alternative, WWE is still by far the biggest and most watched version of wrestling. Aew still needs a part of that style, and stuff like the NWA titles meaning to Cody, now the Dustin match, these are things that will draw attention. 

26 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

What a lot of people don’t seem to understand about Dave, is that he’s just a middle man. Every scoop he comes out with is just what a third party (parties) wants to tell him for their own reasons. He can ask a few people to verify, but at the end of the day he is pretty much never, ever there when any discussions or decisions are made and relies entirely on what other people tell him. Then what he does with that is up to him. 

Where I differ from this is that I've never really seen Meltzer as a scoop for spoilers etc. Maybe if I read the Observer in the 90s or early 00s. Some might still read the observer for spoilers/scoops, but anytime I read it it's for news/history. As a wrestling historian he's the best, and for better or worse can delve into any story with more detail and history than anyone else. Whether it's his tributes or him just giving background to something going on just now, his info is second to none. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

Some might still read the observer for spoilers/scoops, but anytime I read it it's for news/history.

Can you elaborate on the difference between scoops and news?

Just now, Tommy! said:

Can you elaborate on the difference between scoops and news?

By scoop I would mean spoiler, telling us about whats going to happen.

By news I mean detailing what has happened. 

Maybe bad use of words on my part, but do u know what I mean? 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

By scoop I would mean spoiler, telling us about whats going to happen.

By news I mean detailing what has happened. 

Maybe bad use of words on my part, but do u know what I mean? 

I know what you mean, thank you đź‘Ť

Love the line of thinking that two people having a mediocre match booked by one company, wrestling that company’s style means they’ll have the same standard for a different company that they book themselves. 

Regarding Meltz parroting second hand info, you’re right. It’s up to us what to do with that info but that isn’t journalism, it’s TildeGuy