All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Nothing says alternative to WWE quite like using a 20 year old WWE period as part of a build up to a match.

Yeah, I'm iffy about that one. As much as you can't ignore WWE, and acknowledging any shared history there isn't necessarily a problem, using WWE history and WWE angles as the focal point of a non-WWE story is bush league. 

There's a hundred different ways to tell a Cody/Dustin story without mentioning WWE at all. Two sons of one of the biggest legends in the sport, separated by age, the oldest forced to live in Dusty's shadow by virtue of having been actively wrestling at the same time as him, missing out on having Dusty as a true father figure, having to go to extreme lengths to break out of that niche, while the youngest was the golden boy, doted on by Dusty, and getting all the "Dusty's Son" goodwill after his death. Even just Dustin as the older, wiser, wrestler who has been through it all trying to talk Cody out of making the same mistakes he did, and Cody being too young and cocky to take heed. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I was with him to the point where he said CM Punk's sitdown was better than The Rock's promos at his peak. 

Talk about alienating a big portion of your potential audience. Personally I don't find Kenny Omega against wrestler X to be more enjoyable than wrestling 20 years ago, sure I'm not alone there.

Edited by garynysmon

I think that was one hell of a promo....top top promo. Cody is gold here.

And to be honest, I feel it's unfair to criticise them, at this stage, for referencing WWE to build a match - it's their first show! They literally have no history from which to tell the story. If they are still doing that in 6 months time, then granted, they have an issue.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

They literally have no history from which to tell the story.

It's Cody and Dustin Rhodes. There's plenty of history to pull from without mentioning WWE, or at least certainly not as heavily as they done.

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

I think that was one hell of a promo....top top promo. Cody is gold here.

And to be honest, I feel it's unfair to criticise them, at this stage, for referencing WWE to build a match - it's their first show! They literally have no history from which to tell the story. If they are still doing that in 6 months time, then granted, they have an issue.

What are you on about? Cody and Dustin Rhodes have over 30 years of history to draw from.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, MPDTT said:

They literally have no history from which to tell the story.

Sorry lads, but I have to bring it back.

Image result for jamie redknappImage result for jamie redknappImage result for jamie redknappImage result for jamie redknappImage result for jamie redknapp

It's a 5/5 on the Redknapp Scale.

I have changed my mind. I want this to be like Sting/HHH at Mania.

Have the commentators destroy Goldy all through the match until the Elite run out to help batter him only for him to be saved by Mideon, Tiger Ali Singh and Bob Holly. 

Cody hits Dustin with Dusty's cowboy boot and then they hug. Perfect. Fuck WWE. The Elite the the elite, woop woop.

R.I.P Attitude Era

4 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Is this the first show to have three pairs of brothers all working with each other?

Dustin vs Cody

Bucks vs Bros 

Trivial I know but an interesting aside. 

What's their finisher? The When Will I Be Famouser?