Sign in to follow this  
MPDTT

All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

7 hours ago, MPDTT said:

And to be honest, I feel it's unfair to criticise them

Edited for you. You can just quote this going forward.

8 hours ago, MPDTT said:

They literally have no history from which to tell the story.

They’re fucking brothers!

For me, the Owen Hart and Bret Hart angle would have been greatly improved with Owen calling Bret a cunt for working Big Daddy tags on ITV.

Is this the first show to have three pairs of brothers all working with each other?

Dustin vs Cody

Bucks vs Bros

Trivial I know but an interesting aside. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Is this the first show to have three pairs of brothers all working with each other?

Dustin vs Cody

Bucks vs Bros 

Trivial I know but an interesting aside. 

What's their finisher? The When Will I Be Famouser?

2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Samoan Drop The Boy.

I don’t have an issue with how the attitude era has been used for the match because it makes sense. The All In match was about his Dad and now the second match is with his brother. Sure you could tell a story without mentioning the most important part of Dustin’s career, but can’t begrudge them for using this story for this match. 

I enjoyed the promo and I enjoyed the one Dustin did. I also really liked how he mentioned both The Rock and Punk, probably knowing it will encourage rumours and speculation 

3 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I also really liked how he mentioned both The Rock and Punk, probably knowing it will encourage rumours and speculation 

You mean Cody doesn’t legitimately think that the Punk pipebomb was better than anything The Rock did in his prime?!

But I though Cody was a delusional idiot and bad wrestler and that AEW is doomed for failure :(

2 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

You mean Cody doesn’t legitimately think that the Punk pipebomb was better than anything The Rock did in his prime?!

But I though Cody was a delusional idiot and bad wrestler and that AEW is doomed for failure :(

Maybe it is more to his personal taste, but if you want to make a few bullet points on how modern wrestling is better than the attitude era there are a lot more easy targets than the ones he purposely chose. He said it knowing it would get a reaction 

It's a shit way to build the match. 

You've got two brothers, sons of a legend, who've taken rather different paths in wrestling, who had vastly different relationships with their father, and instead you talk about people that aren't ever going to appear on your show. It's not so much that Cody mentions the Attitude Era but that what he's saying has bugger all to do with Goldust. He could talk about Dustin selling his name and whoring his integrity to become Goldust or about him hiding behind the face paint or anything but it's not even that. 

Instead the build for this match is that Attitude Era guys are washed up, that the current guys are better, that a promo from years ago was better than even older promos and that the women are now allowed to wrestle beyond bra and panties in the WWE. Weirdly it mentions what the WWE is doing right while also suggesting that one of AEW's main matches is a dead horse from an era of shit wrestlers. 

You can't even call it lazy because it's so over written. It's like people sat around trying to work out how to get Attitude Era, The Rock, CM Punk and Bra and Panties in a promo. 

Maybe that's overly critical but that promo actually talked me out of the one potential storyline that I thought might be interesting. 

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Their entrance, I do know, will have pyro effects to make it look like pyro.

Nothing says fresh new alternative like booking Goldustin.