All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Vince McMahon is a really busy chap. He’s an executive of a massive company, travels to nearly every TV taping whilst managing said huge conglomerate and all of it’s respective sub-divisions, and he’s trying to get his other pet project in the XFL off the ground at the same time. At most, someone will have mentioned AEW in passing to him and he’ll have a couple of people keep an eye on it for him and he’ll have heard smatterings about what they’re up to, but to suggest he’s even remotely threatened or arsed about them or their potential at this stage is madness. He was probably as confused as 90% of his audience when the references started during the HOF and probably had to ask someone what those were about, if he even had time to do that considering he’ll have been in full on production mode on the company’s biggest weekend of the year at that point. 

I want AEW to do well as much as anyone but even with vast sums of cash they couldn’t be further apart and that won’t change for at least a decade as a best-case scenario. On top of the market share, you’re talking about a company that’s got generations of fans behind it and production values that are genuinely better than most feature film studios (give or take the odd bit of shit entrance CGI). On the scale of 1-10 for the amount of fucks Vince gives about them, I’d call it a 1 at best. 

10 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Been freelance for ages I think, guessing it must have been a decent offer. Wasn't she rumoured to have been on WWE's radar at one point?

She's got a decent following in Japan I think. Not sure about internationally.

Read a news article on her today about the signing, apparently she’s moving over to the states full time and speaks very good English so good for her.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

She's good from what I've seen of her.

The one thing I'm hoping from AEW is that it gives wrestlers that fall outside the WWE bubble a decent platform. Interested to see how the DDT deal works out.

This "Vince is scared" shit can fuck off though. He's probably mildly annoyed at best.

Weird thing is aew heads have went out there way this weekend to avoid acting like wwe competition. Don’t let the opinions of the internets worst cunts drag you down on those actually involved in it making out it is competition 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Which is why I said that the Vince is scared shit can fuck off.

I don't think for a second that Vince likes the idea of another wrestling promotion on a prominent TV network but that's more down to him being an insecure obsessive rather than any genuine fear over his company's ridiculously massive market share.