Outstanding Names

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Dangerman was a classic TV spy series, main character played by Patrick McGoohan.

Theme tune: 

It was implied that his character in Dangerman becomes Number 6 in The Prisoner, wasn't it? 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It was implied that his character in Dangerman becomes Number 6 in The Prisoner, wasn't it? 

I did hear something about that. Only ever caught a couple of episodes of The Prisoner, and only one of Dangerman (a load of them up on YT, so I plan to see more). Patrick McGoohan was always good to watch. He was great as Judge Omar Noose in A Time To Kill.

The picture in the opening credits that comes from the filing cabinet and gets "XXXXXXX" typed over it was apparently a promotional photograph from Danger Man. I'm sure in one of the books based on the show the author calls him Drake but they weren't written by McGoohan so don't count. McGoohan always said it wasn't John Drake but people find "clues" in it to link the two series (at least one other actor played a similar character in Danger Man and the Prisoner, an episode of Danger Man was filmed in Portmerion, the character of number 6 resigned from a high security job which seems to at least parallel that of John Drake's) some people who worked on the show believed it to be the same character and the Prisoner Appreciation Society (no i'm not in it... i may have been for a couple of years a long time ago) get a lot of material out of the possibility it is / isn't. There was also rumours that the reason he claimed it wasn't the same character was because then the creators of Danger Man would be owed money, whereas if Number 6 is someone else then McGoohan was the creator of the character so could get all of Lew Grades lovely money. He's dead now though so nobody will ever know for sure.

McGoohan was great in everything, even that Disney film about a cat. I really want to see the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, it had a Disney DVD relese years ago but was extremely limited and i've never seen it pop up online anywhere.

• 5 months later...

At a short-lived temp job once, I worked for someone called Bunny Mann. I never actually met him during the time I was there, so I can't confirm whether he was a bizarre superhero of some kind, or just a normal bloke with a stupid name. Having said that, anyone who calls themselves Bunny is pretty much going to be a twat, so probably no great loss.

At another job, I was doing some filing and came across a form for a Mr C.Mycock. Thankfully, there was no photo attached.