Outstanding Names

Gus Mears

At one of my former jobs we kept a black book of funny names that we came across. Ones that spring to mind are:

Max Gold

Hugo Prime

Iva Fuchar-Bell

Dr Din Dong

A girl from the street I grew up in recently married to become Harley Marley.

There was also a near miss when my friend Catherine decided to call of an engagement a few years ago. If she went through with the marriage she would have gained the surname Founde. I was planning on putting posters on lampposts saying "Cat Founde, ring this number"

• Paid Members

My friend worked with someone called Roger Boyes. After the initial hilarity of hearing the name died down, he informed me that Roger was married, which meant he had to stand before a priest/registrar asking, "do you, Roger Boyes..."

My favourite customer in my call centre days was "Mrs. Hiscock". Though when I worked in a garage I had an "M. Bisson", which was so close to being great.

A call centre colleague started a game with me of getting customers with wrestling names, after he had a customer called Elizabeth Savage. It came to something of a stalemate when he had "Mr Perfect", and I had "Mr B. Bosman", until he pipped it by ending up with a customer who lived on Stan Lane.

I babysat for kids called Cosmo and Titan, and one of the guys I know from wrestling has a kid called Anakin.

Working in higher education admin, and doing a lot of Student Records work, means coming across a lot of interesting names - middle names of Hercules and Cochise, for example - but Cordelia Indigo Hollingberry-Pratt may be my favourite.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Working in higher education admin, and doing a lot of Student Records work, means coming across a lot of interesting names - middle names of Hercules and Cochise, for example - but Cordelia Indigo Hollingberry-Pratt may be my favourite.

Working in further education, I once enrolled a lad called Klinsmann Rodrigues. Couldn’t help but ask him if his old man was a Spurs fan.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Few cracking names of people I've worked with..

Tom Amato - the company email was initial and surname, so it was always a giggle when Tamato@ emailed.

Robin Basten - a name where you had to say it as a whole to feel just right.