Outstanding Names

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Went to school with Mehmet Mehmet and twins Joe and Joanna King.

At work we work with a team in Hungary and one of the team members was called Fanni Kiss. Eventually changed her name to Anna Kiss instead.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

I knew a half-German half-Japanese guy by the name of Yosuke von Heiden. Anything with "von" in the middle sounds cool anyway.

An actor acquaintance has a great name, and it's not even a stage one: Cliff Chapman. Sounds proper old-school, like he should be rubbing shoulders with Peter O'Toole, Alan Bates, and Oliver Reed.

EDIT: There's also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Klz5qncZQ

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Just remembered this beauty I read in the Wiltshire Times last year: http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/sport/angling/15176849.angling-victory-is-neate-for-pete/

THE Wiltshire Angling match at Viaduct Lakes provided a bonanza for Trowbridge angler Pete Neate.

He caught a magnificent 211lbs 15ozs of carp on the straight lead then pole using luncheon meat as bait

Pete Neate! 

• Paid Members

One of my primary school mates was Anthony Ali. Nothing special about that but his middle name was Z'man. Which we teased him about and called him Tom Zenk. We found out though doing lunchtime secutery duty and look though the files. He now loves it asking who's Z'man. 

A friend of mines mum works at a maternity ward and her main role is helping teenage parents-to-be. Some of the names these kids have name their kids are outstanding. 

One couples surname was Willis, so obviously called their son Bruce. 

Another was named Aston Villa. First and middle name. 

The best we’re these two 17 year olds that had twins. A boy and a girl. They named one Fifa and the other Uefa. I’m not sure which one was which. 

I went to a Sea Cadet Summer Camp which was cadets from all over the South West Area. There was a kid in my billet/group, we were all assigned to and we rotated on the activities we did in the week, and I am not making this up. He was called Luke Walker. He had the middle name Sky. He had a Stormtrooper outfit for the final night disco as well. he went by Skywalker all week in recognition of that.

I also knew a guy from school in the year above me called Tom Jones. The references to his Welsh Bond Theme singing namesake never crossed my mind in all the time I knew him. I don't know anyone else who did for that matter.