Outstanding Names

Gus Mears

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I met Dennis Fist today.
He claims he was a dentist who apparently lost it all by investing his savings in a start up tooth paste company, but one of the owners was sent down after a massive drugs bust.
He’s planning to bounce back by opening up a library on wheels, “but only go around the Posh streets”.

I really hope I see him again tomorrow. 

Edit - Just found out it’s actually Dennis Pfist, and that whilst the shady investment was true, the library thing is just him talking bollocks. I’m hugely disappointed.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan always made me smile if he happened to be mentioned on the news. 

I once had to draft an email for my old boss to a guy called John, and my boss signed off with, "as they say in Nigeria, good luck Jonathan". I've been using that one ever since.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

I once had to draft an email for my old boss to a guy called John, and my boss signed off with, "as they say in Nigeria, good luck Jonathan". I've been using that one ever since.

Reminds me of Frank Skinner explaining the Corrie plotline of Roy's wife being born a boy, "but now, as they say in Ethiopia, Hayley's a lassie."

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 7:09 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

I met Dennis Fist today.
He claims he was a dentist who apparently lost it all by investing his savings in a start up tooth paste company, but one of the owners was sent down after a massive drugs bust.
He’s planning to bounce back by opening up a library on wheels, “but only go around the Posh streets”.

I really hope I see him again tomorrow. 

Edit - Just found out it’s actually Dennis Pfist, and that whilst the shady investment was true, the library thing is just him talking bollocks. I’m hugely disappointed.

Den Pfist? 

giphy.gif