Sign in to follow this  
Gus Mears

Outstanding Names

Before my contract ended at a multinational company I had a quick search in the global email address list and found some cracking names:

Ginger Beaver

Tony Gaylard (not a typo)

Randy Feller

Moany Birdsong

Charlie King-Cox

Dick Skinner

And my personal favourite - Shitong Liu

At a short-lived temp job once, I worked for someone called Bunny Mann. I never actually met him during the time I was there, so I can't confirm whether he was a bizarre superhero of some kind, or just a normal bloke with a stupid name. Having said that, anyone who calls themselves Bunny is pretty much going to be a twat, so probably no great loss.

At another job, I was doing some filing and came across a form for a Mr C.Mycock. Thankfully, there was no photo attached.

I had a teacher called Mr McCracken. We found out later that his first name was Phil. Phil McCracken. Oh the joys of secondary school. 

We've just got a new customer in the US and one of their users has the forename "Treadway". When my colleague kept mentioning "Treadway", I thought she was talking about a location or a brand.

A lad at my work is named Richard Blower. I'll bet school was fun for him, poor guy

Speaking of school, I had two supply teachers who have to be mentioned. Mr. Toogood, and the absolute holy grail to a bunch of teenagers, Mr. Gay.

I met Dennis Fist today.
He claims he was a dentist who apparently lost it all by investing his savings in a start up tooth paste company, but one of the owners was sent down after a massive drugs bust.
He’s planning to bounce back by opening up a library on wheels, “but only go around the Posh streets”.

I really hope I see him again tomorrow. 

Edit - Just found out it’s actually Dennis Pfist, and that whilst the shady investment was true, the library thing is just him talking bollocks. I’m hugely disappointed.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

14 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan always made me smile if he happened to be mentioned on the news. 

I once had to draft an email for my old boss to a guy called John, and my boss signed off with, "as they say in Nigeria, good luck Jonathan". I've been using that one ever since.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

I once had to draft an email for my old boss to a guy called John, and my boss signed off with, "as they say in Nigeria, good luck Jonathan". I've been using that one ever since.

Reminds me of Frank Skinner explaining the Corrie plotline of Roy's wife being born a boy, "but now, as they say in Ethiopia, Hayley's a lassie."