Eating things incorrectly

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Alright: what about Flakes?

I avoid Flakes. Real messy bastards and not good enough to warrant a chocolate stained t-shirt. 

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Sorry, is the food in your mouth whilst you take a swig????

Oh God no, that would be horrible. There's a long enough gap in-between eating the toast and taking a swig where the two flavours still compliment each other. Next time you have a fry-up I highly recommend it; egg,sausage, bacon, mushroom,black pudding etc all impaled on a fork, followed by a bite of buttered toast and a slow gulp of a hot beverage. It's heaven sent.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I some times eat chocolate the way that weirdo Accident Prone does, mainly Snickers as I prefer the nutty caramel bit on it's own. I'm aware it's the unauthordox way though and it only came about after trying to spice up my chocolate eating life.

Most of the things in here I've heard of, Weetabix with butter even. My kids have done most of these at some time or another so it's a kid thing.

One thing I always used to do was eat salt and vinegar Pringles whilst swinging Pepsi Max. Sweet and salty all in one. I used to dip toast in tea as well but that's not uncommon is it?

3 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Think this is up there with a friend who eats chicken wings with a knife and fork, which is both not how you do it and makes a quick meal take five hours. 

I know someone who eats jam-filled doughnuts with a knife and fork.

• Paid Members

I'm not normally too bothered about people's weird habits but a couple that stood out;

My brother put cereal and milk in a flask and took it to work to eat later which I always found gross.

My old morbidly obese housemate took a whole wedge of brie up to his room to eat before bed without any crackers or bread or eating utensils or anything. He did make me promise not to say anything so I guess I broke that.

On the subject of chocolate I always have to eat a Ferrero Roche (Christmas time obviously) by eating the chocolate first and then the middle bit last. Doing it without the chocolate crumbling or messing up feels like a small victory. I need to get a life.

A friend of mine once told me that there was a lady he worked with that opened a can of pop at the end of a week, took a sip out of it, then put a plastic carrier bag over it so it was fresh for Monday morning. The lunacy.

I have no food eating quirks other than eating all the veg first in a roast dinner as its the worst part and I want the meal to end on a high of meat, gravy and potatoes.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

On the subject of chocolate I always have to eat a Ferrero Roche (Christmas time obviously) by eating the chocolate first and then the middle bit last. Doing it without the chocolate crumbling or messing up feels like a small victory. I need to get a life.

Yes! I do this every Christmas. It works great with those Lindor balls as well.

35 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

My brother put cereal and milk in a flask and took it to work to eat later which I always found gross.

This made retch. Me, the monster, retching at the thought of that soggy cereal. 

• Paid Members

@David - did nobody tell them that a spoon would have made more sense (although still insane) so they could at least have spooned up the jam?

@Ralphy - I like unsalted crisps as well. I think Kettle Chips did them for a while, they were great. It's surprising you don't see unsalted crisps around more.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, thicko said:

When we were kids my sister and I were often given Weetabix for breakfast. 

Straight out of the packet, lathered in butter. That’s how we were brought up to believe Weetabix should be eaten. 

Imagine our disgust when staying with Grandparents one summer and, on asking for Weetabix for breakfast, being served up a weird bowl of mush. 

In over 40 years I’ve only met one other person that had even heard of it being eaten this way! 

My dad would put butter AND marmite on.

and he was aware of Toast

Archived