Eating things incorrectly

Gus Mears

When we were kids my sister and I were often given Weetabix for breakfast. 

Straight out of the packet, lathered in butter. That’s how we were brought up to believe Weetabix should be eaten. 

Imagine our disgust when staying with Grandparents one summer and, on asking for Weetabix for breakfast, being served up a weird bowl of mush. 

In over 40 years I’ve only met one other person that had even heard of it being eaten this way! 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 minute ago, thicko said:

When we were kids my sister and I were often given Weetabix for breakfast. 

Straight out of the packet, lathered in butter. That’s how we were brought up to believe Weetabix should be eaten. 

Holy mother of God. 

40 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I'm not going mad, am I? The following isn't right?

Have you got any other examples of people getting the act of eating staggeringly wrong?

Think this is up there with a friend who eats chicken wings with a knife and fork, which is both not how you do it and makes a quick meal take five hours. I am guilty of eating kiwis whole, but I still think that's better than the choke hazard parts of an apple. 

Oh it's true. On seeing me eat a whole apple, my old manager asked me for my birth certificate. Thinking this was a bit weird I asked him why. He said he wanted to check that he'd employed a human and not a horse, which was to be honest fairly funny for him.

I don't waste food, the kids even give me their APPLES when they've "finished" with them.

• Paid Members
Just now, Ralphy said:

I also eat chicken wings/thighs/drumsticks with a knife and fork, i like to keep my hands clean and it helps me eat a bit slower as i can eat too quick sometimes! 

See, this is why you're always in the health thread asking how to gain weight Ralphy. 

• Moderators

I think eating pizza with a knife and fork is bad form, but I wouldn't call it out. My sister takes it to a whole other level though, where she uses her cutlery to eat the toppings off each slice first before then eating the pizza plain.

I also eat the skin of a kiwi btw Gus. Unless it's an old one that's dried out a bit.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Anyone who eats any chocolate bar without first nibbling off all the chocolate from the bottom, top and sides before eating the filling is a wrong'un and shouldn't be trusted.

Are you a mouse? I eat a chocolate bar in like 3 bites.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Even from something like a Caramel? Cobblers.

With a Caramel, I'll bite off the top and front-facing side, and gobble up the filling before eating the chocolate shell. I've always eaten chocolate this way and was of the understanding that this was the accepted method.

1 hour ago, thicko said:

I have a habit of eating those mini cereal packets (the ones where you buy a pack of 8 with different cereals) straight out of the packet. No butter or anything though, just straight out of a packet like a child.

27 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

My sister takes it to a whole other level though, where she uses her cutlery to eat the toppings off each slice first before then eating the pizza plain.

Depending on the pizza I have a habit of picking off the toppings and eating them first before the base. Only certain pizzas though mainly your Pizza Hut/Dominos. 

I think I am just a kid really when it comes to eating food. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

With a Caramel, I'll bite off the top and front-facing side, and gobble up the filling before eating the chocolate shell. I've always eaten chocolate this way and was of the understanding that this was the accepted method.

I can't see how this is possible. You must have seen another human being eat a chocolate bar before? 

Archived