Eating things incorrectly

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Chopping it up into pieces would be really strange, but one cut down the middle and then eat with hands is actually a really good way to make an over-stuffed burger with poor structural integrity easier to eat such that you can actually put the fucker down to have some fries without it falling apart.

Absolutely agree. If I order an mega-sized burger that's only going to fall apart and have the contents slip out of the back when I tighten my jaw around the fucker, then I'm going to cut it in half for ease. It also makes for a delightful interior shot that reminds me of those massive books I had as a kid which showed the inner-workings of cruise ships and factories.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
7 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

The burger as a giant meatball phenomenon is an odd one. Anything more than an inch in patty height is a bit too much.

A lot of places just go with quantity over quality. There's a restaurant on the outskirts of Burton-On-Trent (near Messham I think) that my mom frequents. I went there with her once, ordered their big ol'burger and it was disgusting. Just a slab of unseasoned, badly prepped meat. I couldn't finish even half, it just turned to mush in my mouth.

I've had plenty of beautiful burgers which have been well over an inch in height. It all comes down to how it fares on it's own, without all the additional sauce and trimmings.

16 hours ago, air_raid said:

Yes. I never eat them in the workplace. They have enough reasons to think I'm odd.

I also do this with Bounty's. It's not just you Air Raid. 

Also with Crunchy. Although its a miracle if the bar stays together without crumbling in my hands. Then it's full of regret as I know that honeycomb will be stuck in my teeth for days.

26 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Also with Crunchy. Although its a miracle if the bar stays together without crumbling in my hands. Then it's full of regret as I know that honeycomb will be stuck in my teeth for days.

I tend to bite the chocolate off both of these too - not always, usually just when I'm at home, otherwise I eat them normally. I usually only bite off the thick layer off the top not all the way round though.

Anyone tried biting the top and bottom off a Kit Kat and using it as straw for your tea? I've tried it but not something I'd regularly do - is fairly common place in my neck of Yorkshire though

My brother in law is a special case when it comes to food preparation. A few years ago when his parents were away on holiday my wife asked him to peel some carrots. Instead of using a peeler or a knife like a normal person he decided to use a cake slicer and there was chunks of carrot everywhere.

His worst attempt at cooking was trying to make cheese on toast. He put the toaster on its side and put two slices of bread in with a mountain of cheese. The toaster caught fire.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Briefcase said:

Yes to Crunchie. Also KitKat. Also Lion. Toffee Crisp, definitely caramel first. Haven't had a Double Decker forever but assume similar situation.

Watching me eat a bag of Walkers Mix Ups I imagine is quite the fucking ordeal.

Archived