Eating things incorrectly

Gus Mears

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

My dad often eats 'salt sandwiches' and has done for years. He now has high blood pressure. What are the odds?!

My mum often regales me with the tale of when she and her 12 (!) brothers and sisters were kids and they had sugar butties for tea because they couldn't afford anything else.

28 minutes ago, air_raid said:

There are many foods, predominantly snack/confectionery based, that I simply have to eat "in order" as touched upon already in this thread. They include : Snickers, Bounty, Jaffa Cakes, Jammy Dodgers, Magnums, Twisters, Ferrero Rocher... anything that involves an outer chocolate shell or layers, I dissect rather than just eat.

Except Custard Creams, I'm not weird.

I'd almost agree here except... Bounty bars, really?! So you're just left with a lump of desiccated coconut in your hand? 

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

See, I thought pikelets were different - the ones they sell in the supermarkets around here look like a cross between a crumpet and a pancake.

My grandmother always called crumpets 'pikelets' but yeah, they're slightly different from one another. Pikelets are flatter than crumpets, less round – and harder to find around here.

2 hours ago, The Maestro said:

I have no food eating quirks other than eating all the veg first in a roast dinner as its the worst part and I want the meal to end on a high of meat, gravy and potatoes.

This is the correct way to eat a roast. 

I’m not really a butter person when it comes to butties, except toasties. It’s similar to my take on cheese where I abhor the raw stuff (and just won’t eat it) but give me it melted on a pizza/burger/pasta/toastie and I’m loving it.

So yeah no butter on my uncooked sarnies, except for ham sandwiches, which are exceptional with peanut butter.

There are also those in the Indian community who dunk their paronthas (spicy potato pancake things) and luncheon meat sandwiches in tea 🤮

4 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

You lads can keep your mainstream way of eating choc. Bow down to what the adverts tell you, go on.

In all seriousness, I know of a fair few people who eat it like that, including my missus. Must be a Midlands thing, maybe? It's the best way to eat a chocolate bar.

And it's the total opposite way to which I eat a fry-up, which is to gather a little bit of each food onto the fork, gulp it down with a bite of toast and then take a swig of tea/coffee. Repeat until plate is empty and mug needs to be re-filled. (Which is also the correct way of eating a fry-up, BTW).

My mind is blown.

I presumed everyone ate chocolate like that. Like a Kit Kat, strip that chocolate off and eat some wafery goodness.

I'm from Cov... so maybe it is a Midlands thing. What a weird regional quirk.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

I'd almost agree here except... Bounty bars, really?! So you're just left with a lump of desiccated coconut in your hand?

Yes. I never eat them in the workplace. They have enough reasons to think I'm odd.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

My mind is blown.

I presumed everyone ate chocolate like that. Like a Kit Kat, strip that chocolate off and eat some wafery goodness.

I'm from Cov... so maybe it is a Midlands thing. What a weird regional quirk.

It's obviously our working class sensibility of making food last as long as possible whilst feeling like we've gotten our moneys worth. We're a detail orientated people.

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, back when I was a kid I lived next door to this family who fed raw potatoes to their kids as a snack. Not an apple or bag of Space Invaders, fucking raw 'taters. Whole, may I add, with the skin and everything. 

2 hours ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

I've seen someone take a bite out of a Magnum, through the chocolate and the ice cream, and just take a wedge right out of it. It was horrible, like something out of a horror film.

And?

Some of us haven't got time to fuck about with this peeling the chocolate off shit.

What if you get kidnapped whilst you're eating your Magnum? Guaranteed that if we were eating our Magnums side by side and we both got kidnapped, I would hold up longer than you, as I'd have finished mine and you would only have eaten the chocolate*

*This was actually used as a reason from a very fast eating friend as to why he ate so fast. I mean hunched over the plate just shovelling it down style. I don't know if he was serious or not.

I had so many of these while I was growing up that I'm forever remembering new ones and explaining them to my horrified girlfriend.

Dry toast with the crusts cut off, split down the middle (think 2-ply toilet paper) then each half individually rolled up like a carpet with the soft centre on the outside. 

Sandwiches (crusts off again) meticulously squashed flat with my fingertips until the bread had returned to an almost dough-like state then nibbled around the edges until reaching the centre. 

Mars bars with all of the outer chocolate (save for the top) cut off with a knife and eaten first, then the remnants held like a corn cob while eating the nougat, then the remaining caramel/chocolate layers rolled up into a ball (chocolate on the outside) and scoffed in one. 

Bran Flakes and Weetabix with milk left overnight to soak up/solidify then spread on a roll for breakfast.

I could go on for hours on this subject. Fuck knows what was wrong with me. I eat normally now!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, CTXRussomark said:

Bran Flakes and Weetabix with milk left overnight to soak up/solidify then spread on a roll for breakfast.

drake-hotline-bling-jacket-moncler.png

16 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

And when it comes to toast I don't cut it. Just slather a slice in butter and it is in my gob.

drake.jpg

Archived