Eating things incorrectly

Gus Mears

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

He prefers savoury things to sweet, and being all foreign and that, likes spicy things. My great-grandma (Yorkshire side) always liked her porridge with salt, instead of sugar, and when he saw that, he figured it would go with his beloved chilli sauce.

I also much prefer savoury to sweet, but just don't see the point in putting it in porridge. This is probably largely due to the fact that I can't really see the point in putting anything in porridge though, because it's shit. 

My other half does do a fantastic smashed avocado on toast with Siracha on top for breakfast. Bit of spice in the morning is alright in my book, just not in porridge form. Do also occasionally get kedgeree for breakfast when I'm on holiday.

• Paid Members
Just now, Sergio Mendacious said:

Congee is cracking, looking forward to making some more in the pressure cooker when the weather turns.

@Hannibal Scorch — that's how toast is supposed to be cut.

Triangles are perfectly acceptable Other wise in half. Long rectangles are not acceptable

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Other wise in half. Long rectangles are not acceptable

Hold on, aren't they the same thing? Unless you're baking absurdly shaped bread? 

EDIT: I see from your picture it's not, although I'm definitely still a rectangle man. Triangles are for fancy dans with too much time on their hands. 

• Paid Members

I eat burgers with a knife and fork in layers if i'm in a resturant from top to bottom. If I'm at a bbq or fast food place i eat them like a normie though. I put this down to trying to make it last longer i think. I tend to inhale food much faster than your average bear.

Buttered Weetabix is fucked up. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

My other half is Mexican and she eats all sorts of spicy stuff for breakfast. Like, I know it's a cultural thing but the thought of anything stronger than a Pop Tart for breakfast gives me the dry heaves.

That reminds me of when I worked nights and lived with my parents. I woke up at 7pm for a shift, and my dad put a plate of curry in front of me. With the best will in the world, I would never have been able to eat that. 

• Paid Members

There are many foods, predominantly snack/confectionery based, that I simply have to eat "in order" as touched upon already in this thread. They include : Snickers, Bounty, Jaffa Cakes, Jammy Dodgers, Magnums, Twisters, Ferrero Rocher... anything that involves an outer chocolate shell or layers, I dissect rather than just eat.

Except Custard Creams, I'm not weird.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Do people who do no3 do their butties like that too? 

No. You don't cut a butty. A butty is a single slice of bread folded over but uncut in any way. 

On the weetabix front, my brother would eat dry weetabix with Branston Pickle on it and nothing else. That was rank. He also liked toasted After Eight Mint sandwiches. Which were nice. 

Archived