Eating things incorrectly

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I don't know why, and it probably isn't fair on him, but I'm dreading it when Steve Justice sees this thread.

It'll be something like he uses his knife like a fork.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I used to eat Oxo cubes whole. I still would, but my wife deliberately buys granules to spite me.

Only beef, mind you. Sometimes if feeling frivolous I'd give the chicken ones a try, but they were rank.

59 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

@David - did nobody tell them that a spoon would have made more sense (although still insane) so they could at least have spooned up the jam?

@Ralphy - I like unsalted crisps as well. I think Kettle Chips did them for a while, they were great. It's surprising you don't see unsalted crisps around more.

Tyrrells do a Naked flavour (no salt). Definitely sold in Waitrose.

Here's one I used to enjoy. Taking a bit of a chocolate digestive and then having a swig or orange juice and letting it all mix up in my mouth.

This stems from childhood when my Mum rang a playgroup and I was left to all the biscuits and Happy Shopper squash I could drink whilst I was there.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

When I was a kid, my favourite part of a pikelet (crumpet for you Tories) was the holey bit at the top so I'd nibble the fluffy underneath bit first and leave the top for last.

See, I thought pikelets were different - the ones they sell in the supermarkets around here look like a cross between a crumpet and a pancake.

My dad eats porridge with chilli sauce in it.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Tyrrells do a Naked flavour (no salt). Definitely sold in Waitrose.

Those are the ones I'm thinking of. Great to hear they're still around, not so much that I'd have to go in Waitrose.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

if you go to China Town a lot of the restaurants there sell savory porridge with chicken in. Very odd

Just from a texture standpoint alone, that sounds gopping. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I call bullshit. Why would anyone do that? Is there any warped rationale for this?

He prefers savoury things to sweet, and being all foreign and that, likes spicy things. My great-grandma (Yorkshire side) always liked her porridge with salt, instead of sugar, and when he saw that, he figured it would go with his beloved chilli sauce.

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

if you go to China Town a lot of the restaurants there sell savory porridge with chicken in. Very odd

That's congee, which is savoury rice porridge - and very nice it is too. One of my favourite dishes. They do them with lots of different toppings - preserved egg, sliced fish, shredded pork, Chinese black pudding, and, one that I haven't mustered up the courage to try yet, assorted pig organ.

• Paid Members

My other half is Mexican and she eats all sorts of spicy stuff for breakfast. Like, I know it's a cultural thing but the thought of anything stronger than a Pop Tart for breakfast gives me the dry heaves.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Been in the toaster too long for that.

Why is no-one bothered by the way it's cut. HEATHENS!

4 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Just from a texture standpoint alone, that sounds gopping. 

It pretty much is

Archived