Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Here's aĀ thing about marshmallows. Or it might not be, I don't know. But I remember reading the Guinness Book of Records when I was a kid and got to the records about food consumption.

They had a footnote saying "We do not accept record attempts at eating live ants, raw eggs or marshmallows." Weird bedfellows, no?

• Paid Members

Has anyone here ever had the original marshmallow confection that the modern ones are based on, i.e. the ones that were made by cooking the marshmallow plant in sugar? I've had marshmallow-based medicines before, like cough syrups and whatnot, but not the sweet.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Rob Zombie is a shit film maker. Iā€™m basing this solely on watch House of 1000 corpses for the first time. Itā€™s like an art students attempt at 70ā€™s horror. Just awful

Totally not an unpopular opinion. Loads of people think that. I disagree. I think he's ok but run out of other people's ideas. 31 and Halloween 2 were horse shit though.

• Paid Members

ModernĀ slang isĀ the most interesting area of the English language, full of creativity and wit. I include twitter slang. People who complain about developments in language do so from a position of insecurity and fear that the world is leaving them behind and that the modern world doesn't giveĀ a shit about the knowledge they hold dear.Ā