Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Stop getting bread wrong! Sure, Ciabatta isn’t any every day bread, but it serves it’s purpose. A loaf is your daily bread, french stick is for buffets to be little circular bits of goodness, focaccia if you want some fancy cold sandwich, ciabatta for warm sandwiches or for soups.

Also, rolls. Soft for burgers, crusty for standard sandwich fillings.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Ciabatta is great for garlic bread.

Incorrect. Garlic ciabatta is bad for all the reasons ciabatta is bad. I'd rather have garlic butter on hovis toast tbh.

10 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Had a goats cheese and caramelised onion melt in a ciabatta last week that was food from the gods. 

My favourite thing about them in Hull is people who ask for a sea-a-batter.

Good on the people of Hull. It doesn't deserve the respect of correct pronunciation.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't know if you're deliberately misunderstanding me but obviously goldeneye will be relatively shit to most people playing it for the first time now if they've played other modern fps games. If you honestly disagree with that then I don't know what to say.

Goldeneye’s multiplayer was outdated by the time Timesplitters came out. It’s one of, if not the best example of a game that has aged poorly and lives on purely through nostalgia. As someone who never played it at release and only caught up years later it has almost no merit. Games like the original DOOM, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, etc hold up well even now.
Not to try and annoy Devon but I would rate Nightfire better.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Wheetabix is awful. It's like eating soggy paper.

My Dad would eat them dry with either butter or marmite spread on them. Sick freak.

Wheetabix and lots of sugar is delightful, but I know what you mean.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• 4 months later...