Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

6 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Modern slang is the most interesting area of the English language, full of creativity and wit. I include twitter slang. People who complain about developments in language do so from a position of insecurity and fear that the world is leaving them behind and that the modern world doesn't give a shit about the knowledge they hold dear. 

I love it when people have a pop at young people using “Made up words”. Are they in for a shock when they find out about every single word. 

5 hours ago, gmoney said:

Modern slang is the most interesting area of the English language, full of creativity and wit. I include twitter slang. People who complain about developments in language do so from a position of insecurity and fear that the world is leaving them behind and that the modern world doesn't give a shit about the knowledge they hold dear. 

Yeah many of them are perfectly cromulent words

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Sourdough is shit.

I would have agreed with you a year ago. But I took the wife away for our anniversary to Brighton and we ended up going for a vegetarian breakfast where we had Smashed Avocado on Sourdough along with fake breakfast meats, and was blown away. I know it’s a hipster sentence but it is what it is. Sourdough instead of bread for sandwiches, I get you. But for the right applications I really like it.

6 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Sourdough is shit.

I ate an entire bowl of sourdough soup on a food tour in Krakow a few years ago out of sheer politeness. Fuck knows why though, it wasn’t as if the tour guide cooked it.

Anyway, it repeated on me for about a week after and ruined the trip. I occasionally still taste it.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Not sure how unpopular this is but ciabatta is really pretty shit. It's so hard and thick crusted all the way around. It's just about acceptable as a vessel for a big messy sandwich because the additional structural integrity helps there, but otherwise it's an inferior bread and should not be treated as fancy.

• Paid Members

48 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Not sure how unpopular this is but ciabatta is really pretty shit. It's so hard and thick crusted all the way around. It's just about acceptable as a vessel for a big messy sandwich because the additional structural integrity helps there, but otherwise it's an inferior bread and should not be treated as fancy.

Not as unpopular as thinking Goldeneye is shit but I largely agree.