Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

I've never seen a motor racing fan carrying his shopping home whilst dressed in a full fire retardant suit and helmet.

Whereas I think we're all aware of full football strip weirdos.  Particularly in Liverpool.

• Paid Members
Just now, Loki said:

I've never seen a motor racing fan carrying his shopping home whilst dressed in a full fire retardant suit and helmet.

Whereas I think we're all aware of full football strip weirdos.  Particularly in Liverpool.

They camp in a field for three days to wave a flag, wear ear muffs and watch some cars go very quickly past their 50m of a 3 mile track. I like F1 but the spectators are mental.

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

No one over the age of about 15 should be wearing a football shirt in public unless they’re actually playing football or exercising. 

I went to the Hungarian Grand Prix  a few years ago and it was a fantastic 3 days.  Like being at a festival but with less shit music.  You get a ton of races as well, not just the GP.  

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

No one over the age of about 15 should be wearing a football shirt in public unless they’re actually playing football or exercising. 

Absolutely. If the price isn't enough of a deterrent then the recylced plastic sweaty pit odour amplifying gawdy looking product should be more than enough to put you off. 

Almost as bad as the ponces walking around *Waitrose in £30 Ferrari caps.

*more likely to be spotted in Sports Direct tbf.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

Agree with Bacon and Mr Danger, but my god, wrestling shirts are infinitely worse.

Occasionally I see somebody in the street wearing a Bullet Club or Progress shirt or something. Do I think 'ooh, a fellow wrestling fan. A kindred spirit. Right on, brother'?

No. I think 'look at that loser'.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The watching of any sport is generally a pointless waste of time, no need to fight over which is more pointless.

That's not to say I don't occasionally get into and enjoy a game or event or even think it's a bad thing to do at all. But anyone whose identity gets really wrapped up in their favorite sports team or personality is pretty pathetic.

On a slight aside from this point, at a training course earlier this year, during the ‘go round the table and say something about yourself’ bit, the best/only thing all but two people could think of to say was “I like sport”. The only thing they could think of about their life that made them them, that stood out. That they like sport. Some said “football”, but even so. It was a little depressing.

31 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I wear quite a few sports shirts, ranging from Footie (Argentinian and Italian ones, obviously), to the "American sports".  However, my replica Harchester United one was the best.

Jesus...

Ive actually started collecting them, as I felt it was time I needed a hobby other than wanking. 

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I wear quite a few sports shirts, ranging from Footie (Argentinian and Italian ones, obviously), to the "American sports".  However, my replica Harchester United one was the best.

Don Barker is the greatest manager in football history.

• 2 weeks later...