Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

• Moderators
4 hours ago, deathrey said:

I don't know how you can say cupcakes are mostly air? They are mostly icing, and they are shit. Who wants a fuckton of icing and very little cake?!

'Too much air' is a really strange criticism of something that you want to be light and fluffy. Why would you want your cake to be a dense brick?

I have no strong opinions on cupcakes. They'll never be my first choice at a bake sale but they can be ok.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I must admit I do roll my eyes when I rock up to the school gates with my £1 Iceland fairy cakes and a good proportion of parents have either baked or bought the same thing but with about £4's worth of sugar and butter piped on top.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

'Too much air' is a really strange criticism of something that you want to be light and fluffy.

I don't want them to be light and fluffy, which is why I think cupcakes are shit! I want substance. Give me thic.

34 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I must admit I do roll my eyes when I rock up to the school gates with my £1 Iceland fairy cakes and a good proportion of parents have either baked or bought the same thing but with about £4's worth of sugar and butter piped on top.

To sell for a cake fair?

Otherwise this sounds like you’re waiting at the school gates with cupcakes to give out to the kids 😬

• Paid Members

Five Guys is laughably overrated. The chips are really good but the burgers are OK and they must have a genocidal hatred of bacon, or else they wouldn't nuke it from orbit until it shattered into 2mm pieces. Which is an extra £2 on top of the base price.

Oowee (in Bristol) are similarly priced but the burgers are infinitely superior. The peanut butter & bacon stack is my one unashamed no-excuses vice, which I will be resuming when footy starts this weekend.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, seph said:

Five Guys is laughably overrated. The chips are really good but the burgers are OK and they must have a genocidal hatred of bacon, or else they wouldn't nuke it from orbit until it shattered into 2mm pieces. Which is an extra £2 on top of the base price.

Oowee (in Bristol) are similarly priced but the burgers are infinitely superior. The peanut butter & bacon stack is my one unashamed no-excuses vice, which I will be resuming when footy starts this weekend.

Haché in Camden Town (yes, I know the name's ridiculously poncy) do a similar burger called The Canadian - cheese, bacon, peanut butter on top. I initially was horrified by the idea of mixing cheese with peanut butter, and still am outside this context, but it went spectacularly well with the burger, which itself tasted great.