The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

The Jonathan Majors story is weird. Apparently his girlfriend has now retracted her statement. Which I know doesn’t mean it didn’t happen but is also why I can’t decide what happened and if he was physically abusive or not. 

Ezra Miller is more bizarre. They were accused of multiple felonies, including kidnapping and burglary and he has been kept in both the Fantastic Beast films and The Flash with WB basically saying nothing. 

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, chokeout said:

He's already filmed a few episodes of the next Loki TV series and is contracted for at least another 3 films over the next five years. They are actively building literally every film around him for the next phase of Marvel so if its true then shit is going to hit the fan. 

Assuming that they do sack him off - and you assume they'd have to - then the "Multiverse" aspect can cover a multitude of sins; it gives them an out to recast pretty much any character as just an alternate version of themselves, and handwave away why this is the main one now. There are few characters easier to recast in that regard than someone like Kang. 

The downside to that is that he was being geared up as a major villain across multiple movies, and has likely filmed a bunch of stuff already that they'd need to can and reshoot. But it's Disney, I'm sure they'll cope.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Assuming that they do sack him off - and you assume they'd have to - then the "Multiverse" aspect can cover a multitude of sins; it gives them an out to recast pretty much any character as just an alternate version of themselves, and handwave away why this is the main one now. There are few characters easier to recast in that regard than someone like Kang. 

The downside to that is that he was being geared up as a major villain across multiple movies, and has likely filmed a bunch of stuff already that they'd need to can and reshoot. But it's Disney, I'm sure they'll cope.

Am sure they could just recast him without the need for any storyline justification. People were OK with the Dumbledore recast (I mean, alright - they had to be, but it seems they were perfectly fine with Gambon), and, closer to Marvel, they were OK with the War Machine recast with Don Cheadle, even though that's a less high-profile character.

If they absolutely had to justify it in the storyline, the character is of sufficient technological advancement that he could just decide to have some kind of cosmetic rebuild after some disfiguring incident or something.

4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Ezra Miller is more bizarre. They were accused of multiple felonies, including kidnapping and burglary and he has been kept in both the Fantastic Beast films and The Flash with WB basically saying nothing. 

I believe the correct pronouns for Miller are Cunt/Bellend.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Totally agree but they really made it difficult for themselves by

Spoiler

having a scene at the end of Ant man with him portraying every variant of himself

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I believe the correct pronouns for Miller are Cunt/Bellend.

Why go for the lazy route when they give us better reasons to hate them through action?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The comments to the Tom Skinner accusations are exactly as you'd imagine, "Lads' defending their own type and discrediting the poor lass. Never heard of Tom Skinner, so googled him and realised I'd seen him in a few things and I honestly thought it was a gimmick character. 

3 minutes ago, Nick James said:

The comments to the Tom Skinner accusations are exactly as you'd imagine, "Lads' defending their own type and discrediting the poor lass. Never heard of Tom Skinner, so googled him and realised I'd seen him in a few things and I honestly thought it was a gimmick character. 

Yeah I just spent some time reading through Twitter and what a mistake that was. All saying it couldn't possibly be true because she wouldn't have used certain language etc. Or there's no way it would've happened multiple times and she wouldn't have told anyone. Clearly these guys all know the proper way to deal with being raped.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I feel like his generation of French actors is probably an absolute breeding ground for stuff like this. Some of the stuff they got away with in actual released films is mind boggling, so what they could have been up to off set doesn't bear thinking about.