The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

To be fair most teenagers and Incels seem to love doing impressions of Rick and Morty so it probably won't be too hard to replace him. I think the show is shit, but I am pleased that the rest of the staff get to keep their jobs rather then the show being cancelled. Disney have also dropped him for the two shows he was the co-creator or executive producer on.

I like the show but I'm a bit torn on that rationale. Great that all the other people keep getting to continue their creative endeavor and keep their jobs and if it's any good great news for fans as well.

Shit that, as the creator, adult swim will continue to line his pockets even if they're not working with him actively.

Facto - Whilst a bit of a shitbag, I'm not aware that Harmon has done anything nearly as bad. Have I missed something?

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Facto - Whilst a bit of a shitbag, I'm not aware that Harmon has done anything nearly as bad. Have I missed something?

Harmon sexually harrassed Megan Ganz, a writer on Community some time ago. He acknowledged it and apologised publicly - which she accepted publicly, calling 'a masterclass in apologising'. I'm not saying 'well, that's all perfectly alright then', but it's a rarity that it all goes like this. Links to the apology and her talking about it afterwards here:

https://time.com/5100019/dan-harmon-megan-ganz-sexual-harassment-apology/

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/13/arts/dan-harmon-megan-ganz.html

• Moderators

Yeah I was aware of that and also how it turned out. So if that's all there is, then I stand by what I said - whilst bad it doesn't seem anywhere near as bad as what Roiland is accused of. And I don't mean that in a way to minimise what Harmon did as it was bad. But I feel given that I haven't heard anything else about him I'm willing to take what I know about the outcome and his personal growth in good faith.

Whereas with Roiland it's like some of these other cases we've seen that are just the tip of the iceberg and blowing the lid off a pattern of persistently horrible behaviour.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Isn't that what they did with Ezra Miller

My spandex knowledge is limited but he’s with the other lot and is probably the only one they didn’t drop. That cunt must have Kompromat or something because he doesn’t seem to lose work. 

• Paid Members

He's already filmed a few episodes of the next Loki TV series and is contracted for at least another 3 films over the next five years. They are actively building literally every film around him for the next phase of Marvel so if its true then shit is going to hit the fan. 

It'll be telling how many people come out in support of him over the next few days 

1 hour ago, chokeout said:

He's already filmed a few episodes of the next Loki TV series and is contracted for at least another 3 films over the next five years. They are actively building literally every film around him for the next phase of Marvel so if its true then shit is going to hit the fan. 

It'll be telling how many people come out in support of him over the next few days 

If Ridley Scott can reshoot Christopher Plummer into a film in 8 days, Disney can recast someone against a green screen