Let's discuss the idiots on Reality TV

Jazzy G

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I've never seen "I'm a Celebrity" (cool cred retained) but isn't there a history of keeping someone in and putting them into tasks repeatedly as a punching bag? Surely that will happen here.

The Rosie from Corrie year was best for that because she just said no to everything and Ant lost his shit with how it was fucking the show up and sternly said in an exasperated tone "you keep voting for her" to camera.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
On 11/1/2022 at 7:49 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

He knows full well that he’s going to get voted to do every trial, which in turn gives him the most TV time. Monumental cunt, that goes without saying, but you gotta respect the hustle 

Handcock has Lembit Opik vibes though. There's zero chance he'll be able to win the public over, or spin it into anything useful. 

The little weasel seems to be winning people over. The little twat was playing a blinder last night with his forgivenesses bollocks, only Chris Moyles seemed to see through it. I reckon he lacks the self awareness to reign it in and he’ll go to far with his faux self pity. Cunt.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

only Chris Moyles seemed to see through it.

Yet said what he wanted to say to him to someone else. He should’ve called him out there and then. Now the moments gone and Matt Hancocks everyone’s mate. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

56 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Yet said what he wanted to say to him to someone else. He should’ve called him out there and then. Now the moments gone and Matt Hancocks everyone’s mate. 

ITV are probably licking their lips in anticipation for the moment the pound shop James Corden confronts him and Hancock bursts in to tears winning the hearts and minds of the nation. There’s no way they’re not looking to set up a redemption arc with him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator
13 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Anna Haugh is doing my head in on Master chef professionals. She keeps doing that bug eyed look and signing her head to the side with her weird tight lippped smile. She does it incessantly. 

YES. 

Shame that the heats are over. By a million miles my favourite bit is the Skills Test - a real proper test of a chef to be given something and rattle it off with no warning. Case in point (no spoilers) the Swedish female chef last night hadn't heard of the dessert, but shrugged and headed in that approximate direction. You really get a sense of their ability and training. There's also a bit of schadenfreude in there too I admit. And wondering how I would approach it.

When Masterchef gets to "just make dinner over and over again" I get a bit bored.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Anna Haugh is doing my head in on Master chef professionals. She keeps doing that bug eyed look and signing her head to the side with her weird tight lippped smile. She does it incessantly. 

“Layyyyers of flavour” to describe every fucking dish. Always thought Monica Galetti was a bit wooden but I’d take her any day over Anna and Greg trying to out-obnoxious each other. 

Agree the professionals is all about the skills test. Seeing a vignette of a chef brag about how many starred restaurants they’ve worked in only to go to bits a minute later when asked to make a crème patissière is pure entertainment. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

How good is Traitors on BBC? A real decent evolution of the elimination formula, a best-of if you will with a twist every other episode. Good characters, fantastic editing and just all round good entertainment. Everyone seems to be everyone else's best friend, but there's just enough subterfuge going on. The Welsh traitor Amanda's going to go all the way isn't she?

I could live without them pushing barrels up a hill but hey-ho.

I'm getting real early Big Brother vibes from it.

EDIT: oh and here's clueless Maddy's scene from Eastenders.

Edited by Onyx2