Let's discuss the idiots on Reality TV

Jazzy G

• Paid Members

I caught a bit of Traitors US when my girlfriend was watching it, and I'm sure there's some pleasure to be had from watching absolute arseholes be wrong about things, but there's not enough of it to make me overlook that they are still arseholes, and I get enough of seeing people who annoy me to fuck in real life and on social media.

I just hope that half the reality TV shows they've been on are as obscure in the US as they are to me, as there's a few I've never even heard of. Them thinking that they're coming in to the show with everyone already knowing who they are would be a lot more bearable if some of them are less than nobodies. 

They should make up a reality TV show and have one of the Traitors claim to have won it. I'm honestly not convinced they haven't actually already done that.

• Paid Members

One of those names in The Traitors US, I've only heard of purely because they're mentioned in Motherland. 

As soon as I heard there were Z list 'celebrities', my interest in watching it just went completely. The whole fun and brilliance of the BBC version was that it was an unknown show, with unknown people playing an unknown game, rather than people playing it to better their career.

See: The Circle.

• Paid Members

Watched the first 3 episodes tonight and it's not too bad so far. My gf has a soft spot for the DREADFUL Below Deck so wanted to watch it because it has Kate on it, despite not watching the UK series. 

The biggest difference is that they are mainly all entitled arseholes and I really can't see any of them taking even minor critisim well. It also has that hyper emotion that US shows seem to have with one traitor crying about who to kill, saying it hurts and he loves him like a brother, after knowing him for less than a day. 

Format wise its odd to see how much more open they are throwing accusations around in a whole group, even from the get go. The UK version always seemed to be hushed theories amongst splinter groups. This jumps straight into a packed room flinging shit at each other. Which is obviously marvelous. 

@BomberPat I would only accept the fake reality TV winner if they used Chantelle from Celebrity Big Brother as a weird multilevel reference. 

• Paid Members

What is going on with that accent? It's like a weird AI generated version of what they think a Scottish accent should be.... But he's Scottish. 

I've not been this confused since I watched Green Street and found out Charlie Hunnan was English. 

Just finished the US Traitors. While still a good watch it fell well short of the UK version for me. The UK was a decent mix of people while the US had some completely over the top characters spoiling the enjoyment for me. That Kate for example was just horrible.

While the Traitors is an excellent concept and fantastic viewing it fails in some regards. The ultimate goal should be finding the traitors but in reality its simply lasting until the end. There should be penalties (a double murder?) for outing a faithful and rewards like no murder that night if outing a traitor. At the moment the round table is simply voting with the crowd to save yourself no matter if they are a traitor or faithful.

The format is still fairly new and I understand countries are only rolling out their first series. A few little tweaks here and there would be fantastic and improve an already quality show.

• Paid Members

Blasted through the UK version of The Traitors last weekend after the positive chatter on here. Really enjoyed it overall and it did feel like one of those early Big Brothers where people hadn't cottoned on to how to play the game and just being caught up in it all. Nice to see the cast not being full of Hollyoaks type social Influencers too. 

That John fella was a right nasty dickhead. To see him being a bit of a bully and then making himself the victim was top TV. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

That John fella was a right nasty dickhead. To see him being a bit of a bully and then making himself the victim was top TV. 

The way he treated Aaron was abhorrent. Kicking off because he was genuinely interested in what he did for a living, then speaking to him like a child in front of everyone just cemented his dickhead status. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Silky Kisser said:

Blasted through the UK version of The Traitors last weekend after the positive chatter on here.

Same - haven't binge-watched anything like that in ages, and holy shit. What a tremendous show, to the point where I'm not convinced any other season will match up to it.

Thom making himself the main character in Ep 4 was one of the most amazing hours of TV I've ever seen. And it was absolutely clear that what actually happened was that he screwed up with a big emotional moment at the start of the day, then spent the rest of the episode desperately trying to prove that no, he was actually a genius and was completely in control and knew more than anyone else, actually. And the fact that the episode was all completely predictable from then on made it just that much better.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Thom 

One of my favourite things each episode was seeing the different ways everyone spelled each others names during roundtables! 

It's easy to forget they don't have the benefit of on screen captions and are probably going off spoken word. I'd have had a nightmare with Rayan! 

I'm quite glad they didn't make pit Tom and Alex against each other by making one of them a traitor. It would have been a bit of an easy cop out to create drama.

I fucking hated that John. Although I did love how he said Aaron should have won an Oscar for his acting after having a panic attack, to then get voted out by everyone and Aaron going on to the end. Marvellous redemption storytelling.

Also, I know it was probably the way the show was edited, but them saying that Alyssa must be a traitor because she’s so quite and keeps herself to herself, yet that old bird hadn't said a peep up until that point and no one was pointing any fingers at her.

On 1/15/2023 at 11:43 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Shout out to Alan Cumming though and his marvellous tailor and fucking weird Littlefinger accent. 

Watched a few more and absolutely obsessed how he pronounces “Dollars” the way Moira Rose from Schitts Creek pronounces “Baby”. I’m annoying the fuck out of my girlfriend by adopting his voice when asking what she wants for dinner. “Chus butwheen a quorn pay, or spaghetti bollineehhhse” I think it’s hilarious and when it comes to being funny, that’s the only opinion that matters. The audience need to up their game.