Let's discuss the idiots on Reality TV

Jazzy G

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 7:32 PM, gmoney said:

I think I could come out of Mafia Game retirement.

I’ve just finished watching The Traitors and I actually said “I hope (spoiler) does a gmoney on their way out and says who the traitors are” which led to an awkward conversation explaining who gmoney is and what he did in a boring game on a wrestling forum. 

Was incredible television though, wasn’t it? Really shows how someone with charisma can confound enough people to support them and diddle them out of money because they trusted a persona. But enough about the last general election etc etc. 

It was great, we finished it this week and I’m gutted Wilf didn’t do them all. Whoever said he’s a hybrid of Daniel Mays and Anthony Costa is spot on too. I bet his Mrs will never look at him the same way again, what a great liar he was. Hopefully they find a way to keep them on their toes next series because it really had that sense of people not having a clue how to play the game at the beginning but now we’ll get all the ‘characters’ with their game plans showing up for series 2. 

Also with it being short they can go full Masterchef with it and churn out  about three different series. Z list celebs and a professionals where they’re either career crims or plod will do for me Jeff.

Edited by Mr_Danger

3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

it and churn out  about three different series. Z list celebs and a professionals where they’re either career crims or plod will do for me Jeff.

Nah, what made it for me was how they were all from different walks of life. Celebs would be cack. Imagine saying you’re a fan of Wilf and you were rooting for him and exposing yourself as a Tory in the process. 

The good - Aaron, Maddy, the old woman. 

The tories - Magician twat and his girlfriend, gay spa man, Wilf, Welsh Lady Macbeth. 

I really hope they don’t start filling it with influencers and those sorts of twats from here on in. 

20 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nah, what made it for me was how they were all from different walks of life. Celebs would be cack. Imagine saying you’re a fan of Wilf and you were rooting for him and exposing yourself as a Tory in the process. 

The good - Aaron, Maddy, the old woman. 

The tories - Magician twat and his girlfriend, gay spa man, Wilf, Welsh Lady Macbeth. 

I really hope they don’t start filling it with influencers and those sorts of twats from here on in. 

All the cool kids root for heels. He’s this generations Nasty Nick.

I went full circle on Maddy, it was a bit disturbing how she kept on at Aaron to the point he was having a meltdown but she was the only one who was spot on about Wilf. Magician twat was the worse, I really hope I see his dopey face on an article titled “Cucked by Former Fellow Contestant” in the near future.

11 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Magician twat was the worse

Wasn’t he just! The way he was all “I read people for a living” and every time he was wrong. He sealed his hopefully now ex girlfriend’s fate by outing her as well. Utter bellend. 

• Paid Members

Binge watched The Traitors over the last few nights, purely on the recommendations of this place. I'd not seen much advertising for it, and I'd written it off, if only because Claudia Winkleman gets on my tits.

As Keith said, it benefitted from not having z-listers and influencers being there purely to up their profile. Matt "I'm one of the top magic creators in the world" was really the only one that felt what he did outside made him anything special, and it was satisfying watching him crash and burn to spectacularly.

I was surprised more people didn't turn on Maddy, even when others pointed out how her personality would change so dramatically at the round table, especially the "if we all vote for Will" moment, or when she just turned her intensity for Meryl without any provocation.

Overall, it was great "this is what I'd do if I were there" TV.

• Paid Members

Just finished The Traitors after somehow being able to avoid spoilers. What a fantastic show, that I can see being ruined with a second series similar to how The Circle changed in the second series. Once everyone realises the concept, the charm of it goes and it turns into a game of who can get most famous.

Maddy was second worst for me, behind the massage chap (don't say massage!). Aaron was just a wholesome fellow who deserves everything. What a nice guy. I said to the Mrs (in what is probably the oldest thing I've ever said) that if I was his Mother or Father, I would be immensely proud of how respectful, polite and accepting he is. 

Just awaiting the usual announcement of The Traitors: Celebrity next just to ruin the fun.